OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Hi All

I've just spent the last 4 or 5 minuets with a very time short diabetic nurse for my annual review

I asked for the my blood count numbers and was told I could get them at reception when I left. This meant I could have no meaningful discussion . She was, how can I saw this in a balanced way...well very very sweet but spent most of our time shillng me the need for statins. I smiled. Laughed a little and said no.

However I would have liked an opportunity to discuss my results with a professional. Is this never possible on the NHS

I'm enclosing my results and would warmly welcome any comments , especially if you have spent time studying actual research as I try to do.

Best thoughts in all events.

Stay well.

Post edited by Mod to remove images which require attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I imagine the images had identifying information that could be problematic if made public? Maybe black those out?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’d be inclined to make an appointment with GP if you want to discuss the results and didn’t get anywhere with the nurse.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dear Orson,

Some moderator just erased the information you wanted feedback upon. I suggest just making a list of the tests and their results which is, I know, tedious, but necessary if you want usto comment.. Some will relate to your diabetes and some will relate to other co-morbidities which you may or may not have.

Agree with you on the statins
Thanks for that info. Quite a strange thing for a mod to erase isnt it?

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I imagine the images had identifying information that could be problematic if made public? Maybe black those out?
Hi. I'd already taken a white out pen to remove personal ID...

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How odd - I've seen people post non-identifiable results in the past without a problem.
It would be nice if the mod would give a reason for this!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was I who deleted the images, and at the same time, I sent you a notification stating why it was done, and also confirming if you concealed the Doc's details, like you had your own, you would be welcome to repost the image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zand

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi, I read your results before they got moderated (sorry, I didn't feel qualified to give an opinion) but they did include your date of birth. Maybe that was it, that is very personal info and if your profile name is also your actual name, even more reason for doing so.

Ah, just seen the moderator's reply also.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It was I who deleted the images, and at the same time, I sent you a notification stating why it was done, and also confirming if you concealed the Doc's details, like you had your own, you would be welcome to repost the image.
Hi Mod, many thanks for taking the time to reply. Did you send the notification via 2nd class post~? I ask as I haven't had an email....

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mod, many thanks for taking the time to reply. Did you send the notification via 2nd class post~? I ask as I haven't had an email....
It would probably have been just a notification...click on the little flag at the top right and scroll down to see if it is still there.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I read your results before they got moderated (sorry, I didn't feel qualified to give an opinion) but they did include your date of birth. Maybe that was it, that is very personal info and if your profile name is also your actual name, even more reason for doing so.

Ah, just seen the moderator's reply also.
I doubt very much that profile name is actual name! n cart.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It would probably have been just a notification...click on the little flag at the top right and scroll down to see if it is still there.
Thanks for info about flags, but no maybe these are only kept for a while? or scroll up or some such? Maybe an email notification would be a better system, if thats possible??

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for info about flags, but no maybe these are only kept for a while? or scroll up or some such? Maybe an email notification would be a better system, if thats possible??
Anyhow moving on with the day now...

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I’d be inclined to make an appointment with GP if you want to discuss the results and didn’t get anywhere with the nurse.

... Thanks for the thought I couldn't wait 3 weeks for an appointment so I wrote to him. ....

Reactions: Goonergal

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

OrsonKartt - As zand suggested, a notification was sent which displays in the area circled below.

upload_2018-8-18_9-29-12.png

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OrsonKartt - As zand suggested, a notification was sent which displays in the area circled below.

View attachment 28137
Oh and I forgot to say...at the bottom of the available notifications list there's a 'Show all...' bit which when you click on it should show the older notifications.

I always seem to forget something when I try to be helpful lol. :rolleyes: