Type 2 My glucose level inconsistent

AbsMens

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Now I force myself to dislike chocolate
My sugar is high 8.0 in the morning but after I eat it goes down (4.8) after 2 hours .. I don’t know why.. I’m not on medication. Any advice please ?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My sugar is high 8.0 in the morning but after I eat it goes down (4.8) after 2 hours .. I don’t know why.. I’m not on medication. Any advice please ?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have you had a diabetes diagnosis? How long have you been diagnosed?

It sounds like you are experiencing what is known as the Dawn Phenomenon. This is a normal and natural occurrence that happens to everyone. The higher the levels, the more insulin resistant you are likely to be.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose/dawn-phenomenon.html

AbsMens

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for the welcome!
I was diagnosed in January. Is there something I can do to regulate it so it won’t be so high in the morning?

Reactions: Freema

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the welcome!
I was diagnosed in January. Is there something I can do to regulate it so it won’t be so high in the morning?

Not really. If you can improve your insulin resistance, it will improve. To do that you need to eat few carbs and thus reduce the amount of insulin your pancreas produces. The more circulating insulin you have (from eating carbs) the more resistant your cells will become. Exercise also helps. Morning fasting levels are usually the last to come down, and it can take a long time. The more carbs you eat, the longer it will take.

What is your diet like? Which diabetes medications are you taking?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you can get lean and very fit ... and keep carbs very low....and do intemittent fasting like not eating more than in an 8 hoir window of the day like from 11am till 7pm in the evening

M

Member496333

In my experience the speediest and most efficacious method of eliminating insulin resistant dawn phenomenon is ruthless carbohydrate restriction at all times - irrespective of blood glucose concentration, intermittent fasting, and resistance training.

Reactions: Tophat1900

AbsMens

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You reversed your type 2? How long did it take you? What did you do to reverse it?
In my experience the speediest and most efficacious method of eliminating insulin resistant dawn phenomenon is ruthless carbohydrate restriction at all times - irrespective of blood glucose concentration, intermittent fasting, and resistance training.

AbsMens

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have started introducing intermitted fasting and exercise so I hope the readings will change soon. Thnks

you can get lean and very fit ... and keep carbs very low....and do intemittent fasting like not eating more than in an 8 hoir window of the day like from 11am till 7pm in the evening

AbsMens

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I’m not on medication I have to have another blood test in June to check if my sugars have gone down. I will reduce my carbs I have started exercising so I will see. Thank you for your advice

Not really. If you can improve your insulin resistance, it will improve. To do that you need to eat few carbs and thus reduce the amount of insulin your pancreas produces. The more circulating insulin you have (from eating carbs) the more resistant your cells will become. Exercise also helps. Morning fasting levels are usually the last to come down, and it can take a long time. The more carbs you eat, the longer it will take.

What is your diet like? Which diabetes medications are you taking?

Reactions: Bluetit1802
M

Member496333

You reversed your type 2? How long did it take you? What did you do to reverse it?

Over the course of a year to eighteen months, with various bumps along the way. It wasn’t all smooth sailing, and the real gains came about eight months ago when I started doing the above :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @AbsMens and welcome to the forum :)

It would help members if you completed your profile, giving your type of diagnosis and how you manage your condition (meds or diet, etc).
That way people wouldn’t need to ask you for additional details in order to answer your question.

To complete your profile, simply click on your profile (top right of screen), select Personal details, then complete the fields as necessary.

AbsMens

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh ok .. will do that now

Hi @AbsMens and welcome to the forum :)

It would help members if you completed your profile, giving your type of diagnosis and how you manage your condition (meds or diet, etc).
That way people wouldn’t need to ask you for additional details in order to answer your question.

To complete your profile, simply click on your profile (top right of screen), select Personal details, then complete the fields as necessary.