my good news

lister

Dislikes
people with no sense of humor rude people (being 50 lol)
hi darren,
i was confused at firest but found smaller portions and lower fats help and try different things with salad,
you must just stick at it i have things like salad, salad dressings vary like thai red salad dressing bought in a big supermarket (pat back pocket) hint :) made by tiger tiger only need a tablespoons worth, makes all the differnce,extra light mayo,
i use light olive spread instead of butter no sugar just canderel i eat salmon,prawns home made lasagne or spag bol ( only a small amount as a treat.
carb counting is to me extremely important i don't know if you have weight to lose but i assume you do and will say once you start losing the weight you will find the control a little easier.
as for carbs no one seemed to know what carbs i should use so i first tried 20 to 30 per day but really started to feel ill so went to 80 to 100 and found that was much better for me (of course every one is different) so you must find what is right for you.
i don't eat white bread i buy weightwatchers wholemeal (very small slices) i have one at breakfast with a boiled egg or a little no added sugar jam just experiment don't worry if you fluctuate as i still do and really do sometimes get frustrated which does not help so just do it really steady.
i hope this helps some way for you.
good luck and don't be afraid to ask me. if i can help i woukd be happy but bare in mind i'm still experimenting with it.
do it for you as its your body and your life.
best wishes
Rob... :D

lister

Dislikes
Hi daisy,
he wouldn't listen to my guitaring if i payed him :lol:
he'd probably garrot me with the e string :lol: :lol: :lol:
seeing cardioligist the morrow :(
will let you all know how i got on :)
been told i should be ok as i don't have a heart :D :D
Rob...

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Rob, I'm sure your guitar playing will soon please him as you make progress.
You have a heart in every way that counts :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
lister said:
hi darren,
i was confused at firest but found smaller portions and lower fats help and try different things with salad,
you must just stick at it i have things like salad, salad dressings vary like thai red salad dressing bought in a big supermarket (pat back pocket) hint :) made by tiger tiger only need a tablespoons worth, makes all the differnce,extra light mayo,
i use light olive spread instead of butter no sugar just canderel i eat salmon,prawns home made lasagne or spag bol ( only a small amount as a treat.
carb counting is to me extremely important i don't know if you have weight to lose but i assume you do and will say once you start losing the weight you will find the control a little easier.
as for carbs no one seemed to know what carbs i should use so i first tried 20 to 30 per day but really started to feel ill so went to 80 to 100 and found that was much better for me (of course every one is different) so you must find what is right for you.
i don't eat white bread i buy weightwatchers wholemeal (very small slices) i have one at breakfast with a boiled egg or a little no added sugar jam just experiment don't worry if you fluctuate as i still do and really do sometimes get frustrated which does not help so just do it really steady.
i hope this helps some way for you.
good luck and don't be afraid to ask me. if i can help i woukd be happy but bare in mind i'm still experimenting with it.
do it for you as its your body and your life.
best wishes
Rob... :D

Sounds like a great diet Rob! :D

Nigel

lister

Dislikes
just to add

hiya,
see the cardiologist he said he does not think i had a heart attack but symptoms are indicative to angina and is sending me for a thalium test,
will keep you poted.
Rob... :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Re: just to add

lister said:
hiya,
see the cardiologist he said he does not think i had a heart attack but symptoms are indicative to angina and is sending me for a thalium test,
will keep you poted.
Rob... :)

Hi Rob :)
I was wondering how you are since we haven't had news from you for ages...

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )
I will add my congrats as well lister, well done. my results were quite similar so I know how you feel. Keep it up. :D :D :D

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya lister, notice your going thalium test, tiny bit of radiation shows great images of the heart structure, thus giving consultant a closer n deeper look at what is going on with your engine! and can reach better diagnosis for you. Hope this reassures you more. Anna.x :)

mariab

Well done Rob & Daisy - you must be so pleased. (I'd put a smiley face on but I don't know how to do it!!)

Maria

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
mariab said:
Well done Rob & Daisy - you must be so pleased. (I'd put a smiley face on but I don't know how to do it!!)

Maria

After finishing what you have to say just click on the smiley and it will appear at the end of your text.......simple! :D

Nigel

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Thanks Maria - I am happy with my results - but I have put in a lot of hard work to get these numbers :)

lister

Dislikes
Hi every one,
thanks for all your kind support i have an acoustic guitar with steel strings its an aria really love the tone of it,
been a little busy lately turns out my wife is also type 2 (i've heard of keeping things in the family but lol) :lol: she was told a few days ago after a routine check up i call her my twin :lol: my mind is at rest now thank you for the info about the thalium test.
have it done on the 12 july but have to go back on 19 july i presume for resaults :?:
i do try to log on here but due to family life can sometimes get too busy (wife disabled me disabled son special needs etc) but am proud of what i have succeded in so far,
i get a lot of inspiration from this forum.
shocked at the news stating "type 2 cure is diet" i believe in some people's case it may help to control it but is far away from a cure i wish the media would get it right they make us all sound like we're all over weight and lazy :roll:
Rob...