My lowest sugar since doing lchf was 4.9 yesterday

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm really chuffed with this and hope it is a another step forward for me in my journey of type 2 .
I had a huge breakfast of bacon eggs mushrooms tomato and sausage , two coffees with double cream and then went out to work in the garden, at 12 i had some cheese and a bar of dark chocolate .
I didn't feel hungry at all and at 4.30 i thought i would test myself and it was 4.9 .

I had some tea of the usual minced pork with onion and mixed veg , strawberries and blueberries with double cream and walnuts , then around 7 I went to bed . I slept until 7 am and upon waking my reading was 6.5.

I wonder if this an improvement or a fluke because of me not eating a lot yesterday .

What do you think :) ?

Reactions: 1spuds

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get a random reading like you in the 4’s and get all excited then my normal ones return. I see it as my body just occasionally managing to get in sync and do it’s job well. Whereas in the past there was no hope now it’s just about doable. Progress. Still some way to go to see it more often but it’s there. Like a heartbeat struggling to appear on a flatline. I’m determined itll show up more often if I just keep going.

Reactions: 1spuds