my mini experiment

artdecomum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On Saturday I decided to try the extended intermittent fasting idea. I ate at 10.00 am and 3.00 pm and then didn't eat till 11 the next morning. My BG at bedtime Saturday was 6.4 and in the morning it was 6.9. I only ate 650 caolories and 10 gms of carbs so I thought it would be much lowere than that. So yesterday, I ate at 10am,2pm and 6 pm. I had a large meal (for me) of 300 calories and 10gms of carbs. Spent the night getting up every 2 hours for a wee and at 5.30 my BG was 5.1. Then after a shower at 8.30 it had gone up to 5.3. These are the lowest figures i have ever recorded. So i was wondering if it was a delayed reading from the fast or is it that the higher carbs the night before did the trick. Does anyone else find that eating carbs lower their blood glucose? That seems totally to reverse the idea od lower carbs equals lowerr BG. Perhaps my body is just really odd.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
To experiment for just one day is too short a time period to judge. Fasting readings are the last and the most finicky to manage.