1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

My RH and Esophageal spasms

Discussion in 'Reactive Hypoglycemia' started by Aestire, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Auto E

Auto E Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Have you by chance been tested for achalasia? My Dad had it and his symptoms sound like what you described. I'm particularly interested because of its connection with nerve damage (which we know high blood sugars can do....) - it seems to me like the upper stomach problem of gastroparesis.

From Mayo Clinic:
    Achalasia results from damage to nerves in the food tube (esophagus), preventing the esophagus from squeezing food into the stomach. It may be caused by an abnormal immune system response.

Symptoms include a backflow of food in the throat (regurgitation), chest pain, and weight loss.

2. luckygut

luckygut · Newbie

Hi Brunneria. Thanks for answer. Ok I hope she will see ours messages and will answer too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sam McCrae

Sam McCrae Reactive hypoglycemia · Newbie

You have my sympathy, I have Oesophageal Dysphagia, which includes Oesophageal Spasms and it's horrible. Going between my Oesophagus not working hard enough to get my food down to being strong enough to make me think I'm having a heart attack, is no fun

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook