My Sugr app/Accu-Chek mobile

Queenserene_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello all

I recently changed from the insight handset /pump to the My Sugr app/Accu-Chek mobile and pump instead. I wondered if anyone else uses this and if so, how you find it?

I personally feel it is now more effort - although the insight meter was slow, this process seems much longer (and my connection keeps disconnecting between the meter and phone). Very grateful to be on the pump so not trying to be negative but it feels like a step back from the insight overall. Wish they could have just improved the insight meter.

Anyone found similar or otherwise?:)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got to be honest whilst I like the mobile for fingerpricks and no strips etc I rarely connect it up to my sugr. So don’t actually get the benefits of the app I should as a result.

The Bluetooth is temperamental. It works fine for a while and then has to be completely reset and restarted several time over every now and again taking ages, typically when I’m in a hurry.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all

I recently changed from the insight handset /pump to the My Sugr app/Accu-Chek mobile and pump instead. I wondered if anyone else uses this and if so, how you find it?

I personally feel it is now more effort - although the insight meter was slow, this process seems much longer (and my connection keeps disconnecting between the meter and phone). Very grateful to be on the pump so not trying to be negative but it feels like a step back from the insight overall. Wish they could have just improved the insight meter.

Hi,

I'm not a pumper. But I do use the Accu-Chek Mobile. A couple of years back Roche sent me the Bluetooth plug in add on for the mobile, & downloaded the MySugr app..
From memory at the time I found it easier to manually input my log with the Diaconnect app (which also flawlessly transferred my logs from Android phone to the app also on my iPad.) than mess about with the transferred data. Using MySugr.
I was working a job at the time with very little space to faff about. The BT addon made the meter a little bulky too.

Last edited:

Queenserene_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for your replies. Interesting about the temperamental bluetooth and I agree that it is bulky. I dont want to faff around with 3 seperate devices everytime I need to test/dose.

Guess I'll get used to it or just not sync with the app probably!

Patrina

Hello all

I agree. I moved from the Combo which was totally Bluetooth. When I moved to the Insight I was informed that the handset had been replaced by the Accuchek mobile with this Bluetooth device linked to the MySugr app. It is very frustrating because although there are claims that using an Android phone (one of the latest Galaxy ones) you can allegedly deliver a standard bonus but no extended or multi wave bonus. I am currently regretting moving from the Combo and would be very disappointed if there Roche do not continue to support these 2 pumps. Does anyone find that the Bluetooth attached to the meter work intermittently?

Patrina

Thanks for your replies. Interesting about the temperamental bluetooth and I agree that it is bulky. I dont want to faff around with 3 seperate devices everytime I need to test/dose.

Guess I'll get used to it or just not sync with the app probably!
I also have problems with the Bluetooth device. In 6 months on my 4th one. I did stop downloading the reports for a few weeks, only because I was becoming frustrated with it. The app stopped working. I contacted MySugr and they informed me that the app will stop working if you don’t download the reports regularly. I seem inundated with fussy devices

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also have problems with the Bluetooth device. In 6 months on my 4th one. I did stop downloading the reports for a few weeks, only because I was becoming frustrated with it. The app stopped working. I contacted MySugr and they informed me that the app will stop working if you don’t download the reports regularly. I seem inundated with fussy devices
Mine hasn’t played up in a while (that’ll be the kiss of death saying it). And if I don’t download for a while I revert back to basic membership. It seems t automatically go back to the free pro version once it recognises I’ve finally uploaded some data via the Bluetooth again.

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes found the Accuchek Mobile add on to be a total waste of time. I have forgotten how many times I replaced batteries and asked for Roche to replace the Bluetooth device. However, have now obtained a Accuchek Instant meter and it is so much better and works every single time. Only a personal observation, but strongly recommend the Accuchek Instant.

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Got to be honest whilst I like the mobile for fingerpricks and no strips etc I rarely connect it up to my sugr. So don’t actually get the benefits of the app I should as a result.

The Bluetooth is temperamental. It works fine for a while and then has to be completely reset and restarted several time over every now and again taking ages, typically when I’m in a hurry.

I agree. I’ve managed to get the Accuchek Mobile testing meter amend it is so much better. It syncs every single time, therefore no need to link that add on to the Sgr App and all in all it is totally reliable.