My Trip Abroad While T1 Diabetic.

Diav_S

Sooo.... That's what i managed to accomplish. I have TD1 for 3 years now but i never had the chance to travel abroad -not even when i wasn't diabetic. However, when i came across the chance i thought to myself: "There's no way i'm leaving this opportunity go away". And that's what i did. Flew all the way to Budapest and stayed there for 5 days. During that period, i expected my blood sugar to be all over the place. And it did, sometimes. The schedule was somewhat spontaneous. For most of my trip, however, i managed to handle it quite well. Plus, i got the chance to visit a whole other country for the first time in my life. Closing, i want to say that diabetes was a concern of mine while i was there. But it wasn't something that prevented me from not only taking this chance to travel, but enjoy it as much as i could too. I'm very happy that i managed to achieve that goal in my life. And now, i'm just living it like all people should. Fully.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Awesome @Diav_S !! Great story of taking life and living it instead of living in fear with the "what ifs" that can plague many of us!! Where are you planning to go next??!! Keep on keeping on!! Cheers/L

D

Deleted Account

Great story @Diav_S
I agree with you that travel is amazing and diabetes is no reason to avoid it.

Now you have taken the first step ... where's next? :)

Diav_S

Thank you for your nice comments! Well, i don't know exactly what to do next... I just finished school and university is about to kick in. I view it as a chance to start fresh and open a new chapter in my life. Also, i wanna get a kitten... :p. But one step at a time. As far as trips are concerned, there's no destination. Which means i'll never get disappointed, right?? :)