Myfitnesspal successful weight loss?

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all you great success stories!

I am not doing as well as I would like. Lots of plateaus. I wonder if any of you fabulous people with wonderful weight loss use myfitnesspal? If so would any of you be willing to add others as a friend so that we can see what you eat on a daily basis? You just choose to share your diary. Just a thought - it would save typing it into what have you eaten etc. As if using this app you record daily anyway.

If anyone is happy to add me please send private message and I will send you my name on the app.

Thanks

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I do use MFP but it's not really appropriate to add you as a friend as I'm 64! It would be a bit creepy.

I can, however, share that I also have plateaus but just plough through them. I've lost 60lb since May and am currently taking a rest by increasing protein. Very soon, I'll be hard-core low carbing again and hopefully losing another 40lb. I've never once gone back to carbs, which must be a plus. *g*

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I read many positive reviews on this programm, wanna try it, too.

Hi
Yes it's good as it works out macros, calories and records activities. I would recommend it. You can also save recipes, so when you have put them in it makes it easier.

Good luck D

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your replies, I think I'm just jealous at all these people shedding loads while I'm a bit stuck. I'm going to lower my fats slightly and restrict alcohol a bit more. See if that works.

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do use MFP but it's not really appropriate to add you as a friend as I'm 64! It would be a bit creepy.

I can, however, share that I also have plateaus but just plough through them. I've lost 60lb since May and am currently taking a rest by increasing protein. Very soon, I'll be hard-core low carbing again and hopefully losing another 40lb. I've never once gone back to carbs, which must be a plus. *g*

Wow well done,. Did you fast or just low carb?

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for your replies, I think I'm just jealous at all these people shedding loads while I'm a bit stuck. I'm going to lower my fats slightly and restrict alcohol a bit more. See if that works.

Alcohol can be a real killer given that it generally contains so many calories. When I do drink, I stick with the lower carb options like red wine.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wow well done,. Did you fast or just low carb?

I low carb in a 16/8 time frame - coffee with cream for breakfast, usually skip lunch as the cream is very filling and have a lovely meal in the evening, preferably finishing before 6pm. It's all flexible as life is very dull without a bit of variety. :D

But those are the basics I stick to the vast majority of the time, and I love a few glasses of wine at the weekend! I generally stay dry during the week with the occasional exception.

I'm not diabetic so don't monitor my bs levels, but I always feel uncomfortable, and very hungry, after overdoing the carbs so makes sense to tightly control the little beggars. ;)

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I low carb in a 16/8 time frame - coffee with cream for breakfast, usually skip lunch as the cream is very filling and have a lovely meal in the evening, preferably finishing before 6pm. It's all flexible as life is very dull without a bit of variety. :D

But those are the basics I stick to the vast majority of the time, and I love a few glasses of wine at the weekend! I generally stay dry during the week with the occasional exception.

I'm not diabetic so don't monitor my bs levels, but I always feel uncomfortable, and very hungry, after overdoing the carbs so makes sense to tightly control the little beggars. ;)

Yes I get hungry if I eat carbs too. By the way I'm 52 and my husband 65 so I'm not ageist (you mentioned your age in previous post)

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes I get hungry if I eat carbs too. By the way I'm 52 and my husband 65 so I'm not ageist (you mentioned your age in previous post)

Oh, I had the impression you were much younger! Don't know where I got that from. Maybe your avatar?

As you saw, I'm 64 and hubby is 61. We're all mature enough not to have fallen for the awful low fat, high carb theory but the whole world did so we can't blame ourselves. At least we've smartened up and can now do something to fix it in our (lateish) middle ages.

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha it's not an avatar it's me! Yes I feel so much better on lchf but I just need to drop some weight. I've been type 2 for 13 years and have only discovered low carb last year. I find it hard to stick to 20g and prob achieve more like 40g but will keep trying. I know alcohol slows it for me so will just have to be a bit more restrained!

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Haha it's not an avatar it's me! Yes I feel so much better on lchf but I just need to drop some weight. I've been type 2 for 13 years and have only discovered low carb last year. I find it hard to stick to 20g and prob achieve more like 40g but will keep trying. I know alcohol slows it for me so will just have to be a bit more restrained!

But you look very slim, and young!

It's a shame that LCHF isn't the first advice given by a diabetic team or a GP with a patient who is carb intolerant and at risk of developing T2.

But, we deal with the hand we've been dealt, not much choice really. ;)

The carbs can be kept down to 20g a day, no panic if they go to 40g as long as your meter isn't worried. Courgetti, cauli rice, dropping veg for a bit will work. Stay away from anything with grains, especially wheat. Carbs aren't necessary for the body to run, though they are enjoyable when the right sort in the right amounts.

The problem with alcohol is your liver needs to take time out to process it so doesn't pay full attention to your food intake, particularly carbs, so a moderate amount with some totally dry days are indicated. Shame, but that seems to be the physiological truth. *sob*

Reactions: debbiedoodles

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use lifesum and the first 6 months I was on only 1000 calories a day and even Then I had plateaus now I excercise huge amounts of calories 3 days a week. Nothing easy in that either

Last edited:
Reactions: debbiedoodles

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But you look very slim, and young!

It's a shame that LCHF isn't the first advice given by a diabetic team or a GP with a patient who is carb intolerant and at risk of developing T2.

But, we deal with the hand we've been dealt, not much choice really. ;)

The carbs can be kept down to 20g a day, no panic if they go to 40g as long as your meter isn't worried. Courgetti, cauli rice, dropping veg for a bit will work. Stay away from anything with grains, especially wheat. Carbs aren't necessary for the body to run, though they are enjoyable when the right sort in the right amounts.

The problem with alcohol is your liver needs to take time out to process it so doesn't pay full attention to your food intake, particularly carbs, so a moderate amount with some totally dry days are indicated. Shame, but that seems to be the physiological truth. *sob*

Why thanks but I'm 14st and old haha!
Do you think lowering veg helps? I don't eat rice, bread, potatoes, pasta and the only bread I eat is burger or Lidl and that's now and again not daily. I walk 2/3 miles 5 days a week. I try to do 16/8 fast mostly. I drink red/white wine 3 times a week. I'm more or less sugar free. I try to stick around 1200 cals on Lchf. I did well first 6 months and lost stone and a half easily then plateaued. Got fed up went back to bad habits over Xmas - gained 7lbs. Lost 7 lbs in Jan back on Lchf. Ended up on steroids and antibiotics for chest infection and was so hungry ended up eating bread. Gained 7lbs! Now trying again to lose it. Feels like such a battle but am really going to try.