Mysterious liquid in infusion set

Seeyounow2

I wondered if anyone could help with this.

Today I was changing my insulin set, and I noticed a very small amount of liquid in the infusion set, that I can see right before pulling air into the infusion set (before connecting to the insulin vial), and it moves when I pull air into it.

It’s almost like a watery-oily liquid in the way it spreads on the inside of the reservoir when I pull down the plunger to bring air in.

It happened with one box previously, and has now happened in a few of the reservoirs in my new boxes (different lot numbers than the previous boxes). It’s about half and half regarding reservoirs with/without it.

I’m with Medtronic MiniMed Mio Infusion sets and reservoirs. It’s the reservoir that’s the issue.

Has anyone seen this before or does anyone have any idea what the liquid is? I’m worried about injecting myself with it and whether it’s going to cause any issues.

Please help!!

Thank you.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
They do apply lubricant to the piston in the resivor, hence why you have to play with it before filling. Assuming you have another set put that one aside and call Medtronic.