Nakd and Popcorn

CDudley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not going to stop eating naughty things. I try really hard but I fail. I've recently discovered Nakd bars and Metcalfs skinny popcorn. I only have salted popcorn not sweet.

Are these ok for a snack? Must be better than what I was eating?

tpaz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Cardio exercise
Portion control is so important with popcorn, so i just stay away. The naked bars contain a lot of dates, which are plenty high in sugar. Although those bars are tasty.

My basic rule of thumb for snacks if I must have them is to be under 15g carbs.

There are a lot of good threads on this site in regards to lo carb snacks. Why not have a look at those?

Just Jeff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics, Football.
I like The Primal Pantry bars They are worth a look if you want a treat

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I wouldn't touch the nakd bars - 15g carb on average and 95% of it sugar - the popcorn maybe half a bag now and then at about 5g seems ok. I don't have good and naughty foods just food that my meter likes so testing testing and testing again is the key - if your meter gives you numbers you are happy with then they will be ok for you - if not then that's a bigger decision to make

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try Tyrells Sweet & Salty about 9g carb per packet. I have tested these and found that they do not affect my BS however we are all different!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My go to snack is Pork scratchings theses days, try a few varieties to see what you like best. Also look at 9 Bars - nutty bars with 8.6g of carbs (well the peanut one does). If a snack is under 10g of carbs it usually doesn't affect me personally.

Agree on Nakd bars, I avoid them now. Some of the 'fancy' popcorn so are ok as they come in small snack bags. This is one https://www.joeandsephs.co.uk/pouches - they are not cheap, but I've occasionally picked up the goats cheese one and think it's under 10g of carbs per pack.