1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

nano from accu-chek

Discussion in 'Book and Product Reviews' started by shellyj, Mar 29, 2009.

1. shellyj

shellyj Type 1 · Active Member

Hi everyone it's shelly does anyone use the new accu-chek aviva nano is it any good as they have just come out here in canada I thinking about geting one but is it worth it thanks shelly

2. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

hya and welcome,
    i do have one ,its good, altho im still using my one touch ultra but.... the nano finger pricker is painless so im using that all the time :D

3. viv1969

viv1969 · Well-Known Member

I've always used the Aviva, but was lucky enought to be sent the Nano by our own Stuboy because he didn't like it.

I DO like it, and use it ALOT.

4. 999sugarbabe

999sugarbabe · Guest

Hi ShellyJ,
    I've had one since they were launched and I love it. It's about as easy to use as any meter can be, and it's not too big, so the ladies can get it in a handbag easily leaving room for the kitchen sink :wink:
    Accu-Chek have fantastic Customer Support here in the UK too, which I think is very important. ANY problems they are only a phone call/email away 24/7. :)

5. Miasma

Miasma · Member

I got one of these, and as soon as i change prescription, I'll be using it regularly :]
    The clicker is painless and it's very stylish! loves itttt

6. cyb3rminx

cyb3rminx · Active Member

hi all i have to agree the nano is cool i test alot and am using a bayer contour at the mo but have just been sent a nano and i have fallen in love with it. the first time i tried it i was shocked cos i didnt feel the needle lol. i just hope i can get the doctor to change my script so that i can use it. it looks cool too which is a bonus as well as it been small :D

7. reuben

reuben · Newbie

Hi I got a Nano from the advert on this forum(the first 50 free ad) and - it turned up last week -well the finger pricker is the least painful I have used (devote coward here -6'2" and scared of a little needle !!) and easy to use as well. The meter is great - quick, easy, clear digits and small. I'm very happy with it - do wish the case was a bit bigger to keep an extra tub in for used strips etc.

But over my old trusty meter -a one touch ultra easy (if I got the name right ) I'm totally converted - meter good; the finger pricker - outstanding - and the alternative site testing is much less painful (again) than the finger (if suitable for you / time etc)

All told GREAT !!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook