Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
001 (2).JPG 002 (2).JPG DSCF1038.JPG DSCF4075.JPG DSCF1031.JPG
Here are a few photos of visitors to our garden [we have woodland behind our house . Sparrowhawk in pic 4 Woodpecker in pic 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

rodman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Loads :)
Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have loads @rodman but I don't want to bore everyone silly :stop: I would have had a fantastic one - an owl flew into a bedroom window and left a fantastic imprint, you could see each feather [my window was mucky] but I washed it off before my hubby could take a pic! Your photos are very clear and detailed - you keep them coming too please:snaphappy:

Reactions: 7 people

rodman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have loads @rodman but I don't want to bore everyone silly :stop: I would have had a fantastic one - an owl flew into a bedroom window and left a fantastic imprint, you could see each feather [my window was mucky] but I washed it off before my hubby could take a pic! Your photos are very clear and detailed - you keep them coming too please:snaphappy:
You wouldn't bore me, love wildlife, please post when you can, look forward to more :)

Reactions: 5 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For months Hubby been having a load of problems with a squirrel ( named Cyril) digging up the lawn to plant his nuts and then digging them up again, lol. There are a family of them but as I can't tell the difference they are all Cyril/le.
There are plenty of crows, magpies, sparrows, pigeons and seagulls around, even though we live approx. 10 miles from the sea. We regularly see buzzards and a robin makes a home in our hedge. Hedgehogs are intermittent visitors.
A local cat has decided our garden makes a lovely toilet so any suggestions for deterrents would be welcome.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
1455083506745.jpg 1454297684983.jpg 1455594924170.jpg 1456114062536.jpg
1) Coming back from visiting my dad,( about10 days ago) near an old rail tunnel where a few pigeons roost, my self and a few others saw this bird, a Sparrow hawk in the bushes next to a road feeding on a pigeon, it was about 2 feet away from me and the first time I have knowingly seen this bird and so close too, so near the town, it was amazing.

2) Sheep in the field opposite the bus stop.

3) Ducks visiting my clients area and sometimes a drake pecks on his patio door, but the neighbours are not keen on them because of the bird poo !!

4)Two Swans on the golf course, they are often there and I took this photo when I had extra time to spare, until the next bus, so walked into the village and I pass the golf course.
Numbers 2, 3 and 4 photos are in the same area and I love it :joyful:

Reactions: 10 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A local cat has decided our garden makes a lovely toilet so any suggestions for deterrents would be welcome.

Lion poo, from your local zoo or safari park, if you have one. Failing that, get a cat of your own - discourages visitors and won't c**p on his/her own doorstep .....

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Our block is next door to student accommodation and at the moment their car park is being resurfaced. That means a lot of wildlife that usually lives in the hedges round the perimeter has been disturbed so we've been seeing more birds than usual. Sasha the cat has been enjoying the view! She's an indoor cat so likes sitting on the windowsill watching the world go by :)

Reactions: 9 people

rodman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
View attachment 17960 View attachment 17961 View attachment 17962 View attachment 17963
1) Coming back from visiting my dad,( about10 days ago) near an old rail tunnel where a few pigeons roost, my self and a few others saw this bird, a Sparrow hawk in the bushes next to a road feeding on a pigeon, it was about 2 feet away from me and the first time I have knowingly seen this bird and so close too, so near the town, it was amazing.

2) Sheep in the field opposite the bus stop.

3) Ducks visiting my clients area and sometimes a drake pecks on his patio door, but the neighbours are not keen on them because of the bird poo !!

4)Two Swans on the golf course, they are often there and I took this photo when I had extra time to spare, until the next bus, so walked into the village and I pass the golf course.
Numbers 2, 3 and 4 photos are in the same area and I love it :joyful:
Super photos @Robinredbreast, and what a lovely area you live in, lucky you :)

rodman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How about a Butterfly today?...this one taken last year in the sun :)

Butterfly.JPG

Reactions: 6 people
P

paula.nolan42

When I first moved to the UK in Oct 2012 I lived in Hastings and I had woodland to the back of my home, I did a lot of bird watching then... Alas here in Hailsham I don't get to the variety as there are too many cats using my garden as a gateway to other places !! But this is one of my favourites from when I lived in Hastings.

Attachments

• 942569_10201438513232579_271974118_n.jpg
    942569_10201438513232579_271974118_n.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: 11 people

rodman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
When I first moved to the UK in Oct 2012 I lived in Hastings and I had woodland to the back of my home, I did a lot of bird watching then... Alas here in Hailsham I don't get to the variety as there are too many cats using my garden as a gateway to other places !! But this is one of my favourites from when I lived in Hastings.
What a lovely pair of Peckers, a super shot, thank you for sharing Paula :)

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I recognise the woodpecker on the right Paula but is the bird on the left a magpie? Sorry for my ignorance but my husband ( the expert) isn't here and that's my best guess, sure it's wrong though. Fabulous picture @paula.nolan42

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi there you nature lovers, love your posts. Going to mothers tomorrow she has a large garden will find something to capture I am sure.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 people