Naturefile

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just seen a brilliant flash of blue by my pond........yep you can guess........a Kingfisher from the river thought he'd found an easy place to dine......thankfully the fence and shading stopped him from getting into the pond.........that's the down side of a clean pond the fish are easy to see for those who would pinch them......
We must have a Woodpecker nest close by as well as I've seen both male and female birds in the front garden this week........hubs says the Barn Owls that live in the big shed over the road are creating a lot of noise when he goes in there so maybe they have eggs in their nest, he will attempt to peep from the racking and check.........update to follow.:watching:

Reactions: Cumberland
D

debrasue

There's a lot of squeaking and frenzied activity in the garden today; a nest of blue **** and a nest of great **** have just fledged and we're knee-deep in little birds learning to fly.
1f603.png

The field vole visiting the peanut feeder for breakfast was unimpressed, though.
1f601.png

Wildlife 011.JPG
18767441_1775749062736014_1561742420888873911_n.jpg
002 (3).JPG

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Loving your latest wildlife photos @debrasue Our poppies are looking even stronger and more vigorous this year
DSCF5023.JPG
DSCF5025.JPG
DSCF5026.JPG

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Saw some bats last night no idea what species
I think they come from the old nunnery opposite where we live

D

debrasue

I love bats!
We used to see them flying out from our neighbours' house last summer, and when the neighbours told us they were planning on doing a loft conversion, we installed a couple of bat boxes high up on the wall on our house, opposite where we thought they might have been coming from. I'm delighted to report that the boxes are now showing clear signs of regular bat use, although I haven't actually seen the inhabitants coming and going yet. I must try and find a nice, quiet, warm evening and hang around in the garden at dusk with my camera....
:snaphappy:

Reactions: 13lizanne

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Ooh lovely bats. Had them most evenings in our garden where I grew up -in Zimbabwe, Africa. Loved them more even when one flew into our house and tangled up in my hair!!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning all my friends here are some photos of my foxy friend :)

3132-1391454747-e512685d4ef80c62491536964fc9244f.jpg
3135-1391454763-8a42c9771c547ce66186280dc4f5615b.jpg
3141-1391454784-abc7da4edb3d9fee25e176bbf54ba498.jpg

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning @debrasue my friend you are the bees knees and thank you for your kind words;)

One I took yesterday

BBBBB.JPG

D

debrasue

I am still mourning the removal of all my bamboos

But I am thinking of what to put in their place.

Maybe one of these

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salix_discolor

Maybe a couple three more Caucasus pomegranates (have three already

Maybe native witch hazel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamamelis_virginiana

Of course, I could go along the Potomac and dig up some false quinces to augment the ones I have or add to my native ferns bed

Still, I miss the Nigra, the Moso, the Temple, about to be declared invasive
I feel your pain, Contralto. I love bamboos, too - their fluidity, their gracefulness, and particularly their wonderful whispering in the breeze. I would hate to lose mine, but fortunately ours seem to grow very slowly and are quite easy to control. I have no idea of the variety, but they do send up suckers from time to time, so we cut the rhizome with a spade and apply some root killer, which seems to keep them in check.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
My Orchid in full flower for the 2nd Year, which was only £5.00 in the reduced plant sale and looked like a twig in a pot when I bought it 2 years ago. :)
IMG_20170617_1324006_rewind.jpg

Reactions: spook_kate_

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stunning photos, thanks. I wondered where you had gotten to @Welshman1952 good to see that you've been enjoying life. :)

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling great with a recent HbA1c at 38!! Retired now so able to do more for RSPB and BTO. Also moved to North Devon, which was probably the best thing I've ever done. Thrown myself at the local community and I'm now the volunteer warden at my local RSPB reserve near Barnstaple. Loving and living life to the full

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
DSCF4569.JPG
DSCF4568.JPG
DSCF4577.JPG
Hard to believe that in two or three months time these bushes and flowers will be dry twigs/plants and look as if they are dead

DSCF4577.JPG