Naturefile

D

debrasue

@liam1955 .. Oooh don't say that! I am such a bird photography nerd that I will bore the pants off everyone here. But as you tempted me here are a couple more samples ☺☺

The first is a Snowy Owl
54238fd60b1c3c58d81ae50fa945ab83.jpg

.. And this, of course is a swallow
b9d2a8cfab227b2f421ace807734248a.jpg

Hope you enjoy ☺
That owl is breathtaking!

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the lovely comment.

@debrasue - I love your nuthatch. I live very close to a nature reserve and for the last month I've been trying to get a decent shot of one on the feeder but it keeps evading me. Maybe it's all part of the game ... But I'll get him in the end

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

Thanks for the lovely comment.

@debrasue - I love your nuthatch. I live very close to a nature reserve and for the last month I've been trying to get a decent shot of one on the feeder but it keeps evading me. Maybe it's all part of the game ... But I'll get him in the end
They are usually very shy birds. But I got lucky; we live near woodland and he decided to visit the feeder literally right outside my study window. Fortunately I keep a camera on my desk.., :)

Reactions: 6 people
D

debrasue

The plant is beautiful, such delicate flowers in my favourite shade of purple and the leaves also are unlike anything which grows here. Thank you. You are quite the gardener @Galja ! We have a cherry blossom tree and Acer tree in our front garden, snowdrops, bluebells, tulips, daffodils, iris, geraniums! Hybrid thistle, cornflower etc. In our rear garden, which is larger we have a Rowan tree, roses, too many types of cottage garden flowers to mention and several flowering shrubs along one side of the garden. Both gardens have lswns also, our old house backs on to woodland with a small loch where we enjoy daily walks. My husband is the main gardener with some input from me.
Your home sounds idyllic, Anna!

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Welshman1952 - I really LIKE the Snowy Owl - Thank You for putting more on the thread.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@debrasue - Hi. Anna is away on holiday for the week. Just thought I would tell you in case you thought she was being rude by not answering you:)

D

debrasue

Ahh, thanks William! Yes, I did see her post about being away with no internet connection, but it's true I had temporarily forgotten, so thanks for reminding me. Although I wouldn't think anyone was being rude - I would probably have put it down to missing a post!
I am loving this thread, by the way! :)

D

debrasue

002.JPG

My little study faces east and there's a pretty forsythia hedge outside the window, so when the sun comes up at this time of year it fills the room with golden light. It's impossible to start work in a bad mood when that happens, especially when there are robins, bluetits, long-tailed **** and blackbirds bouncing around the feeders just outside the window. I love the Spring......

D

debrasue

What a lovely start to the morning... Great colour co-ordination, too! :)
005 - Copy.JPG

Apparently, the measure of a Great Tit's attractiveness to his potential lady-friends lies in the density and breadth of the black stripe running down his chest (who knew!). So I'm guessing that the handsome chap on the nut feeder this morning must be Channing Tatum, :playful:
004 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: 9 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Beautiful pics folks
I love this thread cheers me up no end

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a great photographer, but I love the colour of the trees across the lane from us at this time of the year.

IMG_20160505_160718.jpg

D

debrasue

Not a great photographer, but I love the colour of the trees across the lane from us at this time of the year.

IMG_20160505_160718.jpg
Wow! That is a really lovely picture...
I know what you mean about the colour of spring leaves - they're almost fluorescent, aren't they? When I was a child, my Grampy used to call the pale, new hawthorn hedges"bread & cheese" and Somerset country folk used to eat the leaves like salad.
I love the way the sun catches the tops of the tallest trees as it sets this time of year, too.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Beautiful colours... Are those pink bluebells you have there, or is it just the camera angle?

Hi debrasue
The ones in the foreground are proper English bluebells and the ones in the background are Spanish purple/pink ones