Type 2 Nausea

Bobbie096

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I usually eat very healthily to manage my diabetes, but occasionally lapse. Tonight I have eaten way more carbs than usual in the form of lasagne and chips. It now after1.00 in the morning and I am both feeling and being sick. I've noticed this happens every time I eat more carbs than usual. What I am wondering is whether this is simply a case that my digestive system cant cope with unhealthy food any more - so this is a digestive issue, or whether instead this is brought on by high blood sugar from eating too much carbohydrate? Does anyone else have the same experience?

I am T2 and dont test as this has not been made available via my gp, but at my last review, following loss of 4 stone in weight I had brought my blood sugar down to the prediabetic range. on 2 metformin tablets per day

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have read on one of the threads on this forum that people taking Metformin and eating carbs have had a similar reaction. Unfortunately I can't recall which thread it was (sorry can't be more help). Personally Metformin disagreed with me very badly both the regular and slow release so I stopped taking it and now rely on diet to keep my sugars down. I test 3-6 times a day after eating and when i get up in the morning.