ND DiRECT updates

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So how much would it cost the NHS to implement the 3 shakes diet for 5000 participants for 12 weeks?

Do I hear kaching kaching kaching somewhere?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
So how much would it cost the NHS to implement the 3 shakes diet for 5000 participants for 12 weeks?

Do I hear kaching kaching kaching somewhere?

Yup. Someone is going to be laughing all the way to the bank... repeatedly :(

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks, I just seen:
The programme, developed mainly under Scottish Health Department funding and now run as a spin-out company from Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen.

“Health economics analysis showed that each £1m spent on Counterweight Plus would result in about 360 severely obese patients losing over 15 kg, compared with only about 105 patients if the same £1m were spent on proving lap-band surgery.

That explains why all the staff are from Robert Gordon University.

For the first Newcastle Diet study the Newcastle team used a different shake, but as the Robert Gordon University team has already published work on using diet shakes in primary care, it makes sense that the two teams jointly did the DiRECT study.

Let's remember that the Newcastle research group were only trying to study what happens when people lost weight fast, and were never expecting to be creating a diet. They needed everyone to lose weight at about the same rate, so they could do their weekly experiments.

Last edited: