Necrobiosis Lipodica

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys I’ve got a disease called necrobiosis lipodica , I didn’t know if any one else suffered with this as it can be related to diabetes?
Well I’ve got a cut on it somehow and it’s painful and I have an appointment next week with the dermotoglist , just wanted to know if anyone else has suffered with this disease?

K

Knikki

I had to Google that as I have not heard of this skin condition.

Alas it does appear to be a result of being a T1D :( from the literature I have read.

However also a quick read around there does seem to be some treatments out there which your dermatologist will be able to advise you.

Hope the appointment goes well, keep us updated on how it goes

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys I’ve got a disease called necrobiosis lipodica , I didn’t know if any one else suffered with this as it can be related to diabetes?
Well I’ve got a cut on it somehow and it’s painful and I have an appointment next week with the dermotoglist , just wanted to know if anyone else has suffered with this disease?

That's a stroke of bad luck (the cut on the NLD). Make sure you keep the cut very clean and any signs of it going a bit "off", get it seen by someone strraight away.

I'm pleased to report I have no personal experience of the condition.

Reactions: Kaate

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
I hope your cut is healing Kaate. I got NLD since ca. 4 years and my dermatologist just prescribes steroid creams all which don't help. He said in case of ulcerations or dramatical spreading of the condition we could try immunosuppressants.:(