Type 1 Necrobiosis Lipoidica

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Thank you John, my diabetic doctor in the Royal Free has referred me now to another skin clinic as Prof. Bunker in Mortimer Market has discharged me. The light treatment is my big hope! I was reading the condition 'just disappears' by about 20% of patients and i hope i'm one of them. :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I know my daughter's condition is not the same but light treatment is helping her fewer nodules are appearing and those she has are reducing. They use different frequencies and intensities of light for different conditions. I do hope your new skin doctor will find it a suitable treatment and that if they do it will work for you.

Best of luck John.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
it is so sad that people and even Young people have to live with such troubleling skinconditions... there are a lot of different people looking for help out in the web for just that... I found an excamble of one who has had help from oral prednisolon teatment
http://www.necrobiosis.org/living/necrobiosis-lipoidica-lasers-and-sunshine/#comment-2552

look in the comments underneath the article

but also read somewhere that it is crucial to have the lowest possible blood glucose to help the skin..

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Prednisolone is why I'm diabetic and also why I have purple bruising and marks on arms and hands something like the lesions from Cushing's syndrome as the preds over time have weakened blood vessels and thinned the skin. Though they are also why I am still alive so it's swings and roundabouts if you try them please be advised short term use is not so bad but long term they can have serious side effects.

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prednisolone is why I'm diabetic and also why I have purple bruising and marks on arms and hands something like the lesions from Cushing's syndrome as the preds over time have weakened blood vessels and thinned the skin. Though they are also why I am still alive so it's swings and roundabouts if you try them please be advised short term use is not so bad but long term they can have serious side effects.

yes it can both be a blessing and a curse , and it is also dangerous to use too much in many many ways , one is that it takes calcium out of ones bones... but it also very often is what ultimately saves a persons life...

so ... best to be avoid , but sometimes the only option..

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
In my case and one other person's on here that I know of it's basically preventing my immune system from doing me in and I have been taking them the last twenty years or so. I also take calcium and vitamin D supplements for the reason you mention.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
In my case and one other person's on here that I know of it's basically preventing my immune system from doing me in and I have been taking them the last twenty years or so. I also take calcium and vitamin D supplements for the reason you mention.

All kind of steroids just send my BG sky rocketing high, a few month back i had some injections in the spine. It had a horrendous effect on the sugar levels and wasn't even helping with the pain.

Vitamin D i have to take anyway. I'm so much hoping light therapy will help.

Reactions: Freema