Need a kick!

snowdrop345

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
t2 for nearly 2 years. Husband died 4 years ago from poorly managed t2. I just can't get my head around my own diagnosis. I rarely take my metformin, and eat appallingly. BS rarely below 10, usually around 11/12. I need a kick in the preverable. But how? Doc is telling me off now! Have my blood test on Thursday......not looking good. Not even sure what I'm asking. But kick away!!!

snowdrop345

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm ok. But have a daughter with severe mental health problems since his death. She's 18 now. Police have been here 3 times since January. The stress doesn't help and I comfort eat a lot.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
do you eat a low carb high fat diet?

if not you might find its engages your interest to try. All of a sudden a whle world of taste opens up - and even comfort eating can work out - " bacon and egg " , mixed nuts, dark chocolate - part of the issue with high blood sugars is that they make you feel bad to . So cutting out the sugar and carbs would probably help a lot even if initially you are not motivate to lose weight ( assuming you need to ! )

To be honest your numbers seem pretty good if your diet is truly " appalling " - my equivalent was closer to 18 and it did start to come down very quickly with no meds following the switch

Good luck

Reactions: Prem51

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have made the first step in coming on here and asking for help.
You've had a lot to cope with and it's understandable how diet has fallen by the wayside.
Have a look at the low carb diet .. it's honestly the best thing I've ever done. I have loads more energy and feel great.

Reactions: Prem51