Need a rant and just plain scared!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DUUUU, I think I read it as one and not once, so I thought one kidney was messed up

Just a small update. After a couple of months of numerous blood tests and hospital trips.. my kidneys are functioning normally again. The consultant at best theorises I had some kind of virus that was affecting them.. and now it has gone!? I'm having another follow up appointment in February to make sure everything is still ok then I will be officially signed off.

Still no appointment with a diabetic consultant and I'm currently waiting for an appointment with the DN to find out my latest HBA1C (taken in November!!)

Neo88
that is good news

Neo88

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another update. . I have now changed GP's and have a referral to see the diabetes consultant.
My glucose levels are showing a definite rise in the evenings, when I increase the amount of carbs I eat, usually rising from around 5-7 before dinner to between 10 and 16 a couple of hours later. Usually going to bed at around 7-9mmol.

Finding food a bit of an issue at the moment but the carb increase has meant I'm back up to 7 stone which is a plus point.
Neo88

Reactions: 3 people

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Neo, you took a positive step by changing GP, and now things are be done to help you.

The carbs are a big issue, particularly in the current weather conditions. When cold you body needs to use the food for the fuel to supply you with warmth, and energy to keep you going.
I have found that the level of activity during the day and how cold it is, has a bearing on how hungry I am and how long it takes your body to use the last meal.
Food is Fuel, which is needed to keep you warm and have energy.

Have you considered the time of the evening meal, after a certain time your digestion is slower, and the body uses the food/fuel at a different speed. I had 1&1/2 jacket potatoes with cheese last night and it was fairly late 9pm'ish, and my belly still feels bloated and 'sitting' on my knee syndrome.

I also move around a bit from room to room, and have plenty of teas and squash to keep hydrated.
Also if your digestive tract is slow in the food processing process, this can also add to the carbs having a bigger effect on the finger stabbing thing?, also a slow digestion could also have an effect on the 'waste disposal process' and a bit of help may be needed, to help the situation.
I am on Victoza and this can cause this problem as well, so the moving medication is needed!!??.

So Neo, now you have heard from a fellow carb watcher, and the carbs chaos we suffer from, so be cool and plan the feast for the 25th and what meats will be enjoyed, and what carbs will be avoided?
and what flavour sugar free jelly with cream for afters?. I am off to write up my shopping list, so for now, ttfn Karen