Need Help with Accu Check Aviva

VKQ

My father got a new Accucheck Aviva and wanted to try it out. He inserted the drum and the release button turned yellow. He decided he did not want to take a test immediately and removed the drum. A week later he wanted to take the test and tried inserting a new drum and could not as the release button was still yellow.

Any pointers on how to load a new drum when the release button is yellow. He has tried contacting the 1800 # and read the manual which does not help.

Everywhere it says the release button should not be yellow when loading a new drum, but what we need to trouble shoot the existing situation is not covered.

Someone please help.

Amanda Hugankiss

Dislikes
Chaos
Sorry, I have an Accuchek Compact, so I cant answer your question, but if you give Accuchek customer services a call, I know they are very helpful, the number is on the website.

malky

Hi i have the avivva and have no idea what your talking about do you mean the wee lancet drum on test strips cause my avivva takes a single test strip at a time not a drum

999sugarbabe

Hi,
You are referring to the Multiclix Finger Pricker (lancet) drum I take it, and not the actual Aviva meter?
If you are:
For safety reasons, once you remove the drum it CANNOT be re-inserted, whether used or not!
I found out the hard way too, but don't make that mistake any more!

To get rid of the yellow release button, just press it, it should disappear.

Occasionally I have had a duff drum that jams.

It is possible the pricker unit itself is faulty. Accu-Chek will send you a replacement.

Any problems ring the helpline:
0800701000 (UK)
1800709600 (Ireland)
They are VERY helpful.

Hope that helps?

rpoulter

Not sure why he needed to remove it. It contains 5 lancets and as stated to get rid of the yellow (shows it is armed ready to lance the finger) i.e. make it harmless just press the button. It comes in a neat zip pouch , so can be put out of sight from small children although unlikely to cause any harm especially if it is unarmed.
Hope this helps.

Aadrgon

I use the Aviva as well - you only need to remove the drum once you have used all the lancets in it not after every use.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
push the release button!! then it wont be yellow!

If you're talking about the Multiclix lancet device... you only need to take the drum out when you can't wind it on anymore.

If you're talking about the compact plus meter, then again, you only need to take the strip drum out when the meter displays "END" when you press the button.

viv1969

Only thing I can add to the above is each time he tests, don't forgrt to twist the top of the pen to move it on to the next lancet (the little white lines will decrease each time you do this).

If you don't twist the top but still depress the end of the pen, this one WILL use the same lancet again....I don't think it's just a faulty one as I have 3 of these (work, Home & Car) and they all do it. I like this monitor, but that IS a flaw.

three1ne

viv1969 said:
Only thing I can add to the above is each time he tests, don't forgrt to twist the top of the pen to move it on to the next lancet (the little white lines will decrease each time you do this).

If you don't twist the top but still depress the end of the pen, this one WILL use the same lancet again....I don't think it's just a faulty one as I have 3 of these (work, Home & Car) and they all do it. I like this monitor, but that IS a flaw.

Youre meant to use each lancet more than once..