1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Need help with my insulin

Discussion in 'Insulin' started by Emlou2013, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Emlou2013

Emlou2013 Type 2 · Member

Please help me....
    I've been diagnosed for 3 years, am on 4x metformin a day , 38units of long insulin at night a 32 ish of novarapid thought the day. My fasting levels in the morning are between 19 to 25. I'm so fed up with my body. My hbc1a came back at 9.2%. What can I do to reduce my blood sugar levels pls. I am getting help from the hospital and my doctors but know one seems to know what to do with me....

2. Circuspony

Circuspony Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Emlou - i can't see your profile from my phone but are you T1 or T2?

Have you tried reducing your carb intake to see if that helps your insulin resistance?

High levels are exhausting - i really feel for you!

3. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Do you carb count and adjust your novo rapid accordingly? Have you done a basal test? What does your diet look like?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook