1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

need info and help

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by michelle lilly, Apr 13, 2015.

1. michelle lilly

michelle lilly Type 1 · Active Member

Not sure if am in the right place so sorry if am posting this wrong, I am type 1 brittle diebetic for 18 years now and have a list of complications, but the problem is not that, I h a d a serious car crash three years ago and was very poorly after the crash I had a mri scan which was ok so the let me go home, however after a few days the pain increased through out my body and I was rushed back to hospital I was hospitalized for four months they said I had a nervous breakdown as I was very confused and had many many problems plus they could not stabilize my diabetes, I new myself this was not the case and told them as best I could that I believed that something was wrong with my brain, three years on and I am still suffering all the symptoms of a brain injury but still the doctors blame my diabetes does anyone know we're I can get information on the subject I have looked at tbi but it only gives info on the brain injury and not anything about how to distinguish between the to, I no 100per cent that before the accident I was a different person but how do I get the doctors to understand and believe me I gave up after awhile but things are so bad now that I need to try again because i need the right help, thank you Michelle

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

What an awful time you've had Michelle, I'm not sure of the answer but you might want to contact the following organisation and see if they can assist you:

https://www.headway.org.uk/home.aspx

Good luck and best wishes.

3. michelle lilly

Thank you so much today I am going to see a medical expert so maybe he she may help but reguarding insurance claim so I doubt it they prefer to blame the diabetes as it is easier but I live in hope

4. michelle lilly

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook