Need More Fats, Less Proteins

Modean987

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have nothing against US websites in general, I use lots of them and the best ones are very informative. However keto seems to be treated as something for it's own sake on many and in my Twitter I keep seeing US Low Carb doctors complaining about them and all the unrequired merchandise they persuade people that they need in order to simply reduce carbohydrates.

No disagreement on that! The amount of quackery and snake oil peddling I encounter daily is astounding. I truly think I'm living in an Idiocracy.

I came to this forum hoping that it, being outside the US, would have better information, and it does! I've also learned your NHS guidance is comparable to my ADA and AMA, which was surprising, and disappointing. Thank goodness for the advice and information that you and other members of this forum provide!

FWIW, in regard to my original subject for this topic, it appears that being a newbie to all of this, I was not interpreting the information in my app properly. I was using the data showing the percentage of the daily macro nutrient goals I had achieved as the measure of how good I was doing. I've now found there is a widget that shows me the percentage of the daily macros I've consumed, and yesterday it gave me 69% fat, 21% protein, and 10% carbs, which is exactly where I want to be, so a big thank you to you and everyone else who provided advice on how to get those balanced properly.

Reactions: Antje77

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I'm pleased to hear that you are in a good place at the start of your journey. We say that Diabetes control is a marathon rather than a sprint. The same applies to weight loss and other metabolic health goals. Whichever way you go for it, even if not a low carb way - though that suits me, needs to be enjoyable and sustainable for you.
Otherwise discipline/willpower will run out. The only way to have unlimited willpower is to arrange things so that you never need to use it!