Need "orthopedic" shoes/slippers

raun01

My father has diabetic problem and have some foot issues, Doctor recommended him to wear indoor/outdoor shoes/slippers from now on. I am looking some good store to find some good shoes that will fit him, I wish you guys can help me??

I want some decent and comfortable shoes that he can wear without any harm and can walk outside easily.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may find it useful to buy him some orthotic insterts. Available from major chemists or online.

They are just like insoles but with supported arches and will slip into any shoe, and moved to a different pair, as needed.

Much cheaper than buying all new footwear...

Hope that helps. :)

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, a NHS podiatrist handed me the catalogue for: http://www.widerfitshoes.co.uk/ . Both Pavers and Hotter do a good solid range if you and dad can get to the shops or are online. Prefer to buy Hotter instore as their constant marketing emails drove me nuts!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is just comfortable shoes and slippers he wants and does not need special insoles then Skechers shoes are brilliant many have memory foam insoles so really comfortable and the fabric ones could be worn as slippers as well as they are soft uppers. I think I have heard others here say they wear them. If you Google Skechers you will see plenty of examples of the range and styles online