Need some advise or help

Grimm90999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
At the start of the week I was feeling great now I feeling run down and weak.
My bloods have been slightly higher than normal. Normally run perfectly at around 5 now running between 7 and 9.
I reduced my lantus a few weeks ago as was having loads of hypos with the heat outside and because I work in kitchens. Currently on my honeymoon period so no fast acting and on a good diet

Since Weds I have been feeling run down, weak and can't focus properly. I feel like I'm having hypos but have bloods of 7/8. Can't be where I have a sudden drop in blood sugars as have been watching them every 2 hours, plus I avoid sugary foods and drink. Drinking plenty of water about 2 to 3 litres a day as of the kitchen heat too.

Worried as could It be the end of my honeymoon period or something else

Thanks

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or youre just coming down with something and you feel weak and run down because of that - it's nothing to do with blood sugar or diabetes?

You might want to do some basal tests to check if you lantus is the right dose for you - https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At the start of the week I was feeling great now I feeling run down and weak.
My bloods have been slightly higher than normal. Normally run perfectly at around 5 now running between 7 and 9.
I reduced my lantus a few weeks ago as was having loads of hypos with the heat outside and because I work in kitchens. Currently on my honeymoon period so no fast acting and on a good diet

Since Weds I have been feeling run down, weak and can't focus properly. I feel like I'm having hypos but have bloods of 7/8. Can't be where I have a sudden drop in blood sugars as have been watching them every 2 hours, plus I avoid sugary foods and drink. Drinking plenty of water about 2 to 3 litres a day as of the kitchen heat too.

Worried as could It be the end of my honeymoon period or something else

Thanks
Might be a good idea to get your iron levels checked, since your symptoms could be from iron deficiency anemia, which is apparently quite common for diabetics. I have this problem at the moment, and you may be overhydrating to compensate for the heat. However, get checked first since reducing water intake when working in hot environment is not recommended, and thick blood can lead to strokes and TIA which is worse than high bgl. I know, I had two of those blighters too.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Grimm90999 . A common ( I believe) condition associated with diabetes can be an under active thyroid. If symptoms persist it may pay to get your thyroid levels checked by your GP / hospital.
Good luck and hope you start to feel better soon.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Here is a description of thyroid symptoms, but raising bgl suddenly does not seem to be attributable to the thyroid,

http://www.healthline.com/diabetesmine/the-411-on-diabetes-thyroid-disease#3
BGL of 7 or 9 is not overly elevated in T1 diabetes, in fact a lot would be happy to be at those levels all the time.
I agree that thyroid problems may only be something to consider but let's be aware that we don't have to tick all the boxes to be diagnosed with any condition.
Nonetheless thank you for the information.