1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Need some words from Type 1 adults and children

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by SophiaW, May 31, 2013.

1. SophiaW

SophiaW Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave, I've added your words :D I think you're incredible to run an ultra, wow I can't imagine what it's like to run that far I feel half dead and exhaused after only 10k! Good luck with your run in August :thumbup:

2. artyfarty30

artyfarty30 · Member

3. ElyDave

ElyDave Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks Sophia,

this is payback time for me. Last year I entered the same event and DNF'd at 40 miles in appalling weather. PIcture half the course being 6" under water and mud. Who'd have thought that this year I'd have been 2 months into a T1 diabetes diagnosis? Should be interesting

4. SophiaW

SophiaW Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Dave, Hopefully it will be drier weather conditions for you this year! Although I hope it's a little cooler on your run day compared to how it is now. :D

Thanks for the words ArtyFarty, busy printing and laminating now so will add yours in quickly :D

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook