1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Need support

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by farheen123, Jul 7, 2019.

1. farheen123

farheen123 Type 1 · Member

Thank you! Oh yes I try to learn as much as I can before I get overloaded with info. Thank you for the recommendation and support. This is a great community and it warms my heart that people are so welcoming, supportive and kind here!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

Farheen - We are a global community, with members from all over the world. As we're based in the UK, most of our members are also in UK, but we welcome members from anywhere on planet earth. Members just need to be able to communicate in English.

Welcome aboard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

@farheen123

Exactly what DCUKMod said. You are very, very, welcome. Just have a little patience with everyone if we are unsure of things like test result numbers or different health care practices - some of them vary considerably from country to country, and some of the numbers you see mentioned may not be familiar to you to start with. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave Wilde

Dave Wilde · Member

Hi
    I’ve just been recently diagnosed after severe DKA with a blood sugar of 70. I’m on Lantus and Novorapid, which suits me. I’m still struggling to get within target and can go from from 16 to 3 in 1 hour. I know what you mean about feeling isolated. Thank heavens for the internet

• Like Like x 1
  5. farheen123

farheen123 Type 1 · Member

Agreed!!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook