Need support

farheen123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello and welcome @farheen123 :)

Take it one day at a time, your body has been through a great upheaval so take it easy on yourself is vital, knowledge will improve in time but don't be afraid to ask questions we have all been there. Personally I found knowledge was vital so learning as much as I could to be better prepared has helped me, a good book to get you started is 'think like a pancreas' written by a type 1.

Lots of folk here to chat too as well so shout if we can help.
Thank you! Oh yes I try to learn as much as I can before I get overloaded with info. Thank you for the recommendation and support. This is a great community and it warms my heart that people are so welcoming, supportive and kind here!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah I'm not sure since I dont completely understand it yet, but I think so.
Oh I dont live in the UK (im sorry if thats frowned upon here since I just joined without much understanding ) so no NHS. But yes I've heard about carb counting and learning how to dose, hopefully I'll be learning that soon! Thank you!

Farheen - We are a global community, with members from all over the world. As we're based in the UK, most of our members are also in UK, but we welcome members from anywhere on planet earth. Members just need to be able to communicate in English.

Welcome aboard.

Reactions: farheen123

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@farheen123

Exactly what DCUKMod said. You are very, very, welcome. Just have a little patience with everyone if we are unsure of things like test result numbers or different health care practices - some of them vary considerably from country to country, and some of the numbers you see mentioned may not be familiar to you to start with. :)

Dave Wilde

Hi
I’ve just been recently diagnosed after severe DKA with a blood sugar of 70. I’m on Lantus and Novorapid, which suits me. I’m still struggling to get within target and can go from from 16 to 3 in 1 hour. I know what you mean about feeling isolated. Thank heavens for the internet

farheen123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I’ve just been recently diagnosed after severe DKA with a blood sugar of 70. I’m on Lantus and Novorapid, which suits me. I’m still struggling to get within target and can go from from 16 to 3 in 1 hour. I know what you mean about feeling isolated. Thank heavens for the internet
Agreed!!