Need your opinion!!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dear Friends, Thanks for the excellent information and support given in this site. I am recently diagnosed with T2 (mid November BG 300!) but with the help from this forum I could get it back to ~120 with in few weeks. After my second appointment with the doctor I was prescribed metformin only and also stopped it now. At present, my medicine is LOW CARB only. Upon using Insulin and also with metformin I used to reach BG levels less than 90. But now without any meds, my levels are very stable in the range 105-120 throughout the day. Even after fasting of ~15 hrs my BG levels are around 100 and slightly increased after a black coffee. I am not sure whether this is safe and why I am not going lower than 100 upon no medications. I still need to check few more days to make sure that I am maintaining at this level. Please share your opinion and comments.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I concur with nocarbs4me. And your numbers are good.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My opinion is you have to give your body time to recover, give it 6 months to a year of low carbing and your fasting levels may well fall further which will mean your post meal and premeal levels are lower. High blood sugars are the product of years of slowly developing disregulation and are not fixed completly over night.

I agree your numbers are good in just 3 months and you are are no longer causing damage. Keep going!

Last edited:
Reactions: Arlmy

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
100 is fine, perfectly normal in fact. As stated above give your body time to adjust.