Needles

Jade-1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
when I picked up my prescription I was given a ‘we owe you’ slip for my needles as they didn’t have them, I went back in today to see if they had come in and was told after waiting a little while that they couldn’t supply them anymore, or something along those lines and that my best option was to ring the doctors surgery and see if I can get an alternative. I’m just slightly concerned as it’s so close to Christmas and I know my doctors surgery is possibly hard to get hold of/not open a lot. I’m just not sure if there are any alternatives to getting hold of the doctors just a few days before Christmas? Any advice/help is appreciated.

D

Deleted Account

Did they say why they cannot get your needles?
Are they anything special?
A good pharmacist should be willing to phone around and try other pharmacists in the area to source your prescription.

D

Deleted member 308541

A good pharmacist should be willing to phone around and try other pharmacists in the area to source your prescription.
Mine do if they do not have a item I need on my scripts, although it does not happen very often they are short on stuff.

Jade-1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, nothing special, just the bd viva ones...
I’m not 100% on what she actually said, I’d had a long week at work and had just finished today and was a bit fed up of waiting. I just got the main gist of what she was saying which was they can’t get them ‍♀️It’s just a bit frustrating that it’s been over a week since I picked up my prescription and now they’re telling me just before christmas, I’m quite lucky that I work with someone who has diabetes that will be able to give me some needles if needed but they don’t know at the pharmacy how many I have, I’ve never had a problem before but now it seems to have come at the worst time, which seems to be the way my life goes haha

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
No, nothing special, just the bd viva ones...
I’m not 100% on what she actually said, I’d had a long week at work and had just finished today and was a bit fed up of waiting. I just got the main gist of what she was saying which was they can’t get them ‍♀️It’s just a bit frustrating that it’s been over a week since I picked up my prescription and now they’re telling me just before christmas, I’m quite lucky that I work with someone who has diabetes that will be able to give me some needles if needed but they don’t know at the pharmacy how many I have, I’ve never had a problem before but now it seems to have come at the worst time, which seems to be the way my life goes haha

If in dire need, you don't need a script to get needles, you can even buy them from Amazon or eBay etc.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
It could be that the gp is switching you to another brand. Lots if surgeries are doing this.