needles

moggy

i am going to cyprus soon and i have to take my needles with me has anybody have any idea how will dispose off them as i do not wish to bring them back with me, i have all the necessary documentation from the doctor but each airport have there own rules these day. :?:
moggy

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Take a plastic container and then ,while in Cyprus, ask at a local pharmacy the best way to dispose of them.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had no problems taking a sharps box in my luggage, used needles when travelling usually go in my meter case, some people use a small water bottle. You may be lucky and find a place that will take your used needles, so as Sue says 'ask', but in many parts of Europe (including the UK) disposal is done on a local basis and paid for by local taxpayers (so only available to them). Your only option may be to bring them back with you.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
You can obtain travel sharps bins from the following supplier:

http://www.medicalshop.co.uk

They're available for around a fiver in twin packs of two sizes: 0.3 and 0.6 litre. I've used this supplier before to get a cool bag for my pump. They do all sorts of stuff - but be careful when buying though, some of the items may already be available to you FOC on prescription.

yipster29

I found a mini pringles pot (which my partner and son polished off to my hard stares :lol: ) fitted a fortnights worth of needles in perfectly, I then bought them home and put them in my sharps bin :D

mrs bambi

Hi,

I just got back from a week of all inclusive indulgence in Portugal and just took my needles in the box they come in and then used a needle clipper (got on prescription) to cut the sharp end off and then stored the other used bit in one of those small clip/lock plastic food tubs my son uses for his snacks ! worked well for me and was no need to drag a big yellow tub around. the airport didn't give a hoot about me carrying needles either after me paying to get a letter from my Dr ! annoying.

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
yipster29 said:
I found a mini pringles pot (which my partner and son polished off to my hard stares :lol: ) fitted a fortnights worth of needles in perfectly, I then bought them home and put them in my sharps bin :D

Hey yipster. See you finally got your spelling grade then ? Nice to see a tryer. I do love pringels, could eat a whole tube if they let me. :(

D.

yipster29

Hey Dipsticky I've been extra careful not to abbreviate anything on here since your comments!! I can spell if I have to!!

I even think my spelling of Pringles is more accurate than yours! :lol: Mind you I'd eat the lot no matter how you spelt it too given half a chance :oops:

ttfn..

... whoops! :)

moggy

hi my spelling is bad to, my husband is allways getting calls how do you spell this and that plus i am computer illiterate, it took me 1 wk to find how i use this site plus i am still having problems.
moggy :D

yipster29

Hey Moggy! don't you worry about that, millions of people the same and the main thing is you're still having the courage to join the rest of us on here!!

Dipsticky and I have been ribbing each other over my abbreviations as if the computer wasa phone, neither of us really have an issue with ours or anyone elses spelling so please don't worry!

Cath :D