nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
017 (600xss442).jpg

I managed. But so far microwave bread is better. This had crumbling crust and no elasticity, but it is the first experiment so maybe it will be better next time with some adjustments.

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
original
Tried a cake also from sesame flour....it was delicious but it can be better. When i tried it i could not stop until I walloped it all:
For this one I used: 2T peanut butter(home made), 1T butter, melted, 1 egg, 1.5 T sower milk ( I think it was too much) 3T sesame flour, 3/4t BP(mine is old he hehe) , 1t canderel sweetener (big plastic jar 1l volume powder from p&Pay)
and some chocolate chips. Baked for 3 min....tried 2m, 2.30, 2.50 and it still had one soft uncooked spot...so 3 min it was cooked all well but it did not raise too much. Maybe next time 1t BP and 1T sower milk only.
The taste was like a real cake (better than some) and different from the coconut flour cake and it did not need fresh cream...it was nice just like this hot out of the microwave.
When I make it perfect will post the recipe. If you perfect it before me, let me know what you did.

Reactions: 4 people

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
I bought a new powerful microwave.

I tried the recipe the way Jennifer NkasiGreenwood Bobat modified it. Top picture is with flax. and without flax, but 3 T sesame seed. for 2 min in the new microwave.I used a reamekin to bake it. The sesame bread was even over baked on the sides and hard. Maybe try next time 1m50sec. The new microwave is 1000W and very powerful.
Almost no difference from real bread....just the carbs a low...2g carbs per slice
original

cloudreader

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 18992
I managed. But so far microwave bread is better. This had crumbling crust and no elasticity, but it is the first experiment so maybe it will be better next time with some adjustments.

Try adding some milled psyllium husks for elasticity and may be an egg (if not already using one)
Let us know how it goes, it does look nice!!

cloudreader

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Neli, what is Jennifer´s recipe? those 2 breads look really gorgeous!!

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
Darling try mine in the microwave first. It is the same as normal white bread in taste but 2 carbs per slice only.
Or maybe you have tried it? If yes let me know how it was. Trust me the best bread ever.
Jennifer recipe is on page 1: Remember my old microwave was low wattage, on the new one I bake only 2 min.
this is what she said:
My friend made the recipe and used :
Let me just post for you what she said:
Hehehe I have tried the bread... the first one didnt come out good as 3mins to long ao I did another mixture for 2 mins... I did 3 tbls seseame and one tbsp flax seed 1/2 tsp bp one Tbsp cooking oil and pinch salt one egg and 2mins in microwave Yummmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
She made it in ramekin, but her microwave is much stronger than mine.

Reactions: 2 people

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
Darling try mine in the microwave first. It is the same as normal white bread in taste but 2 carbs per slice only.
Or maybe you have tried it? If yes let me know how it was. Trust me the best bread ever.
Jennifer recipe is on page 1: Remember my old microwave was low wattage, on the new one I bake only 2 min, and I bake it in a square 10x10cm plastic dish
this is what she said:
My friend made the recipe and used :
Let me just post for you what she said:
Hehehe I have tried the bread... the first one didnt come out good as 3mins to long ao I did another mixture for 2 mins... I did 3 tbls seseame and one tbsp flax seed 1/2 tsp bp one Tbsp cooking oil and pinch salt one egg and 2mins in microwave Yummmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
She made it in ramekin, but her microwave is much stronger than mine.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi neli, going to try your recipes this week thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: 2 people

cloudreader

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks a lot Neli, your bread is great and a source of inspiration!
I don´t have golden flax seeds (only the brown ones, and plenty of them to go through before I can buy the golden one)
I like to experiment adding garlic powder, cayenne, etc
For example if the bread is going to be used for a burger, then adding mustard is a good idea

My own variant is as follows:
3 TBSP flax seeds, milled
1 TBSP flax seeds, whole
1 TBSP psyllium husks, milled
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1 egg

Nutrition info: 13gr net carbs, 34gr fat, 12gr protetin, 455kcal per bun (I get 3 slices out of them so that is some 150kcal per slice)

Note: the whole flax seeds give it a nutty touch, best to put them on top of the bun, like sesame seeds in burger buns. As far as I know they don´t get digested

Last edited by a moderator:

cloudreader

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, I have done 2 rounds of Neli´s original bread recipe (well the second one I added whole flax seeds as you can see in the picture)

The bread tasted great, kind of nutty (the sesame of course) The texture when I was slicing it felt like a ´normal´ bun. Note that my grinder just broke half way grinding the sesame seeds, so a few of them were not milled.
IMG_NELIBREAD_ORIGINAL.jpg

IMG_NELIBREAD1.jpg

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
That is great 1 i can see you did not wait for it to cool down before you sliced it...he he he! And I can see also big holes from the baking powder....That means you did not mix it well or there were balls of baking powder.
I use unpollished sesame seeds with the skin on them...on the right is Jennifer's bread and on the left is mine, right jennifers.
Try to use proper measuring spoons and scoop and level them. And mine i calculated the carbs with cronometer and it is only 4g carbs for 2 slices, half of which fiber. Your recipe came at 13g carbs. This bread if you follow the recipe exactly you can not fail.It is easiest ever. I am sure next time it will be even better, and i am glad you liked it. If one tries it ones they will never stop baking it.
007 (600x450).jpg

cloudreader

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are so right, I did not wait for it to cool down in order to slice it. I used heaped spoons, so they should be level spoons? I was a bit unsettled by the coffee grinder giving up the ghost so that is why I probably got sloppy with the mixing. It has to be said that with sesame the flavour is a lot more neutral than with flax seeds. Sesame seeds will give a white-bread like result, whereas flax seeds will give a wholemeal bread like result.

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
You are so right, I did not wait for it to cool down in order to slice it. I used heaped spoons, so they should be level spoons? I was a bit unsettled by the coffee grinder giving up the ghost so that is why I probably got sloppy with the mixing. It has to be said that with sesame the flavour is a lot more neutral than with flax seeds. Sesame seeds will give a white-bread like result, whereas flax seeds will give a wholemeal bread like result.
I use the proper measuring spoons and make sure I am very exact. The mix is so little that small amounts change it.
I use my blender to grind the seeds but mine is a new powerful one. it is called omniblend...just like Vitamix but much cheaper and 3 horse power motor. But have another old blender my cook uses and he blends sesame with it also. I blend all my seeds in it. Also desiccated coconut into flour which use for delicious microwave low carb cakes. I can give you the recipe if you want

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
Just in case you like flax seed bread here is my own recipe, but I prefer sesame seed bread. 9g carbs for the whole bread=2 slices.
One more advise. Mix your dry ingredients first always so the baking powder mixes well.
flax bread 2.JPG

cloudreader

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
cleardot.gif

Thanks a lot Neli for the flax seed recipe, I will try it as soon as I get a new coffee grinder. I don know how easy it is to get an Omniblend in Ireland...

On a separate topic so it seems that sesame has less carbs than flax seeds? And yes feel free to share your microwave low carb cake recipe! I love your recipes!!!

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
cleardot.gif

Thanks a lot Neli for the flax seed recipe, I will try it as soon as I get a new coffee grinder. I don know how easy it is to get an Omniblend in Ireland...

On a separate topic so it seems that sesame has less carbs than flax seeds? And yes feel free to share your microwave low carb cake recipe! I love your recipes!!!
http://www.omniblendkitchenblenders.co.uk/omniblend-uk-shop/
http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/list?keyword=omniblend
http://ie.xxl-sale.com/search/?q=Om...6j6PKohxcHLvco2v-RCQCSgUUf0RWwcB2IaAvH_8P8HAQ

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
I am sure that can do the job. I forgot to tell you that i have aan old blender or juicer (with inner parts missing) cheap one. And it grinds the seeds just as good as the omniblend. One bolade must look down and one up...and motor must be around 500W. it does the job and it is very old.
Sesame has less carbs than flax and it tastes better.