Nerve pain after injecting

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I did a bolus injection with my dinner as usual. Straight after my injection when I got up and moved I got sharp nerve pain in the same spot I injected except I also had nerve pain in my big toe on the same side. It has been happening intermittently since for hours now.... so get sharp nerve pain in my stomach and my big toe at the same time. I figure I must've hit a nerve trail. I've had shingles the same side before and had blisters appear on my stomach, but my left leg was in pain. When doc pressed below my knee nerve pain shot up to the blisters in my stomach. Has anyone else had this from injections? I hope it goes away.... I have enough nerve pain as it is.

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It can happen, but luckily rather rare for me personally though.
I figured it was because when unlucky and punching the needle as you say straight into a nerve bundle of some kind.
If it happened in the thigh it feels much less intense than what it can feel like if your unlucky with you punch into the stomach region. Here they can be really very very intense type of pain. That is the type of pain from the needle punching through a nerve bundle. Then you also have the other type of pain that can come from the insulin you blow into a sensitive tissue area. That I tend to experience can have a longer effect for hours but more like a burning sensation, while the first type typically goes away after just some minutes but is more like intense knife-cutting pain.
Some in the stomach also result in a rather big blue mark, so must be when we puncture through a vein, which also can bring along some sustained type of pain.

Reactions: Mep

Lorna Tinker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have red blister like itchy spots on my stomach. They bleed a lot. Can be quite painful. Not sure it is from injecting or could be a nerve rash.

Reactions: Mep

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A nerve rash?
I must look this up.

I have 2 on my leg and one on my stomach, not injection site related.
Is a nerve rash just from an injection site or anywhere?

Mine looks to be folliculitis. As one on stomach on a hair follicle and two on my numb/scatic leg are from follicles too. The three itch and of course bleed. Slow to heal too. I might ask boots chemist today to recommend something as at a drs appointment with hubby this morning and would like a break from picking my GPs brains.

Last edited: