Nervous but excited

linsay

I was at the hospital today for my pre pump chat. Getting it in may. Im really really excited it sounds so good. Better control and getting rid of this dawn phenomenon rubbish. Sounds like the quality of life will be so much better. I would love to hear from any pump users, their views and tips. I know its going to be hard work at first but so worth it i hope.
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ash86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Linsay,
Glad to hear you have a date, I hope everything goes well for you.
I really want a pump myself after reading all the posts on here but I'm on the waiting list for DAFNE first.
I'd love to hear how you get on with it in the beginning stages, maybe you could start a blog type thread in the pump section :D

ukikawasaki

Congrats on getting a pump soon ... It has literally made me feel much better and healthier ! I am 39 years old and have been wearing a pump for 13. I want to give you this link for youtube on the different ways that I "hide" my pump. It makes me feel that the pump will not change the things in life I like ( like dressing as I wish) !

Hope they help you and just remember it take TIME to get the hang of the pump. Don't be scared. It a blessing to have.

Here is the link :
http://www.youtube.com/user/ukikawasaki

Wish you the best.