neuropathy ?

Loraines

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not having dessert, potatoes, pasta, rice, bread ....
Excuse me, but I am new to this. What's this R ALA everyone seems to be talking about?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun yes balance can be affected by neuropathy as nerve damage can affect proprioception (your ability to sense movement and the position of your feet and legs). You may not be able to sense where your feet or legs are in relation to the rest of you, or what they are doing. When this sense starts to fail you may find that you start to walk in a different way, or have trouble balancing. I would recommend you see a podiatrist and they will be able to assess the nerve function to your feet
GP sent me to his dn in the practice and she could feel a pulse in my foot. Feeling was weird as she moved dip around strange sensation area (below toes, to side of foot). She feels no total numbness there. It is far worse at night and when in bed settling for sleep. Is neuropathy common to be worse at night?
Should I ask to see my gp again or should I ignore this weird sensation and wobbly legs with inbalance when walking? I don't want to come over to my gp as over anxious. I did when I had a heart scare recently but I'm a lot calmer now.

Reactions: Kevin259
K

Katie Pod

Borderter,
Once you have the results of your x-ray then the GP can decide what the next move will be.
It could be that you need to see a Podiatrist for an examination to determine if you have any problems. Your gait (the way you walk) could be putting undue stress on various parts of your foot. The good news is that insoles/orthotics are often very helpful in correcting this.