Neuropathy?

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I started getting problems with my legs throbbing at times then became constant. Then along came other pains in my feet and now weakness in my arms painful hands and ultra sensitive feet and hands.

Pain is becoming unbearable now. GP prescribed me Gabapentin 300mg. It isn't doing a thing. Been on them for over 4 weeks. I have a hospital appointment tomorrow for nerve tests. I'm in a mess my mentally just can't take anymore, just at my wit's end!
I'm not looking for advice as such just want to be told everything will be ok.

lachina

Hello,

I started getting problems with my legs throbbing at times then became constant. Then along came other pains in my feet and now weakness in my arms painful hands and ultra sensitive feet and hands.

Pain is becoming unbearable now. GP prescribed me Gabapentin 300mg. It isn't doing a thing. Been on them for over 4 weeks. I have a hospital appointment tomorrow for nerve tests. I'm in a mess my mentally just can't take anymore, just at my wit's end!
I'm not looking for advice as such just want to be told everything will be ok.

lachina

Hello Kvetiny
The first time I felt pain in my toes, it called my attention ...and ask myself "what is happening, why I am feeling pain in my toes? I started reading and discovered that I was not drinking enough water. I started drinking my regular mandatory water, and the pain ceased. However it was "a call" to see the doctor. Sure enough, he discovered my glucose was out of control. I read more about my body and glucose in the blood, I really wanted to understand. I pray a lot too, and ask GD for wisdom to understand how could help myself, to keep my body healthier now that a situation was happening.
Among my discoveries, was one that has boost my system and provided a healthier changing experience. One day, all the sudden, when watching a video, I saw a conversation about the benefits that green fresh juices can do to the body, and I research it. It was a blessing, so much wisdom in that video that now, I am total believer of green juices. I can say it has changed me, I have no pains. I believe GD has a way to show you what you need to know. I asked for it. It has been two years, and the information keeps coming to me. Doctors can help you to reduce pain using pills, and other treatments, and yes they will take care of you.
I am reading Dr. Colbert's book and talks about INFLAMMATION, he said that pain comes with inflammation, but what is causing the inflammation? he said that there are food that are causing that inflammation in our body. Read about it. You will be amazed. If the pain is unbearable you have who knows how many enemies in your plate. You will be ok with the medication, however you can do this, find out what is causing it. While you are alive, NEVER GIVE UP! BE BRAVE!

Dark Horse

Gabapentin can take weeks to be effective and it takes longer in some people than others. For some people it doesn't work, but, unfortunately, this can't be predicted and they just have to be trialled first. If it is decided at your review that gabapentin will not work for you, your GP can prescibe alternatives. Here's some infor about gabapentin:- https://www.britishpainsociety.org/static/uploads/resources/files/FPM-Gabapentin_0.pdf

Howi is your glucose control? High sugars are associated with neuropathy, as is a sudden, rapid improvement in glucose control. Maintaining good control should help, although it may take a while for the benefits to be felt.

There are also some self-help techniques that may help- https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/features/peripheral-neuropathy-and-diabetes

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glucose control was poor for a few years. Recently improved it. I did try gabapentin for a different problem a few years ago and it didn't help, found pregabalin helped. Perhaps I will put that to them.

Reactions: oldgreymare