Type 1.5 Never Feel Full!

Boozon

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi - No matter what I seem to eat I never feel full.......I don't feel hungry but never full.
I currently eat about 50g of carbs a day. Just wondering if anyone else feels like this and if it's just from not eating a load of bread, rice, pasts etc.

Thanks

M

Moggely

Maybe you need to fill up on healthy fats Boozon. Avocados , coconut oil, butter and cream, almond nuts and the like. I have found it fills you up. On the same road I often find it hard with getting enough fats. Good luck.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For me not feeling hungry is the aim, if I feel full I know I've overeaten - for me personally it took a while to know the difference between actual being hungry and being "mouth hungry" eating to full now feels pretty horrible to me - as long as your blood sugars are ok and your not staving tummy rumbling hungry then not feeling full up is perfectly fine :)

Boozon

Type of diabetes
LADA
Thanks @Moggely and @lovinglife it is really strange I eat about a tonne of hazelnuts, pistachios, cream etc but still never feel full.......bloated is probably a better description rather than hungry. I always feel satisfied after a meal but not to the point where I couldn't eat a wafer mint

M

Moggely

Oh I see the fat content makes you feel bloated rather then you feeling full. Are you hungry though and if not it seems you are doing ok. Feeling full is different to feeling hungry. Hope that helps as long as you are not hungry I eat about 25 carbs and sometimes less and at times i have wondered if I should increase that to about 50 but I will see how I go as I'm really not hungry. Good luck.