New Bayer Contour Next EZ :)

droog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
I just purchased a new Bayer Contour Next EZ. I tested the same drop 6 times. Except for the first reading, all readings were so close as to make no difference.

The readings were:
5.2, 5.7, 5.7, 5.7, 5.7, 5.8 (or in American: 94, 102, 103, 102, 103, 104)

I don't know how these would compare to a lab test. They may be badly skewed for all I know. But this is the most consistent meter that I have found.

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've read up on this meter but I can't seem to spot any significant upgrade from the original USB version. Can you tell me if there are many upgrades please?

droog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
mrburden said:
I've read up on this meter but I can't seem to spot any significant upgrade from the original USB version. Can you tell me if there are many upgrades please?
The interface is essentially the same as my Contour meter. But is different than the Contour USB. I like the USB interface better, but is much less consistent. Bayer says they will be coming out with a USB-Next. I'll probably get it.

It's the guts that are supposed to be upgraded. Bayer claims greater accuracy, which may or may not be true. The results are at least consistent, which is a start. Bayer also claims that it has "Automatic compensation for many common interfering substances (such as acetaminophen and vitamin C)"

I have gotten 5 meters, trying to find one that was consistent and accurate. All my others have a range of up to 30 points on the same drop of blood.

I'm going to try and test with the Contour Next while at the Dr's office to try and check whether it matches lab results. I am anxious to find out. But so far I am impressed.

I measured twice this morning on the same drop. Results were 5.9 & 6 (106 & 108).