New Benefit Eligability Tests

C

catherinecherub

ZACNEMMA said:
I know a few people with type 2 and they are eligible for benefits.. However type 1's don't seem to be. Odd as I would of thought it should be the other way round

You don't apply for this benefit because you have diabetes. It is not based on which type of diabetes you have but the complications you may be experiencing.
Sometimes it is because of comorbid conditions totally unrelated to diabetes.

ShyGirl

Mr Tito- I hope you ca find support. It isn't easy- i've a lot of issues that I just can't find support for- but maybe calling CAB will help as you should be able to claim something.

Mr_Tito

thanks Mrsmurf and shygirl- you make me realise I am not alone.. and would like to ask you for advise- I just feel I have no support and now I'm 40 no one wants to employs me. I had a bad nosebleed last night and feel rotten today.

ShyGirl

Mr_Tito said:
thanks Mrsmurf and shygirl- you make me realise I am not alone.. and would like to ask you for advise- I just feel I have no support and now I'm 40 no one wants to employs me. I had a bad nosebleed last night and feel rotten today.

I'm not sure if i've any advice to offer really , I can't see much reason to keep on battling but it's important not to give up.
Depending on where you live , could you not find a christmas job?

Frieda

Hi, I to have found a site called www.workandbenefits.co.uk to be invaluable with help and info given when trying to fill in forms for any kinds of benefits. There is an initial £15 fee, but i found the info helped me to keep my extra benefit when being reviewed, so I considered it well worth it. It also gives info on what to expect and how to go about an 'appeal', and also completely outlines the Benefits Office 'points system' for claimants.
It tells you how everything works, very clearly.

I also have a son with mental illness, and have had to help with filling out forms in the past... the thing is, to ALWAYS write in your worst case scenario (how things are on your worst days).

I hope this helps. Good luck

ShyGirl

Frieda said:
Hi, I to have found a site called www.workandbenefits.co.uk to be invaluable with help and info given when trying to fill in forms for any kinds of benefits. There is an initial £15 fee, but i found the info helped me to keep my extra benefit when being reviewed, so I considered it well worth it. It also gives info on what to expect and how to go about an 'appeal', and also completely outlines the Benefits Office 'points system' for claimants.
It tells you how everything works, very clearly.

I also have a son with mental illness, and have had to help with filling out forms in the past... the thing is, to ALWAYS write in your worst case scenario (how things are on your worst days).

I hope this helps. Good luck

I'd advise against paying for benefit help as the CAB and various benefit help lines exist where you can find impartial advice about entitlement and appeals.

Local charities exist where a benefits adviser can contact you at home if need be , or see you at local offices. I hope i'm not being too cynical but £15 might be a lot of money to someone in dire straights and i'm not sure why a site would charge for advice those in need could find for free.

mrssmurf2

Hi Tito

See if your local council have a mental health advice. They not just advise on benefits they also advise on getting help. I found mine on the local council's website. I do know with mental health issues it can be difficult to find help and can sometimes make you feel worse and very lonely BUT don't give up and just keep trying. Use the web to search these things out. It seems a terrible way of doing it as most of the time you totally don't feel like helping yourself but don't give up and keep trying. Let us know how you get on.

Shygirl
In certain circumstances you can still claim ESA, and I fully co-operate with the benefit office and inform them of any changes.