New but not

jack5469

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite
Hi all I am new here but had T2 for app 35 yrs I am 67 in October and retired, :). I am taking Metformin 850mg. Sitogliptin 100mg, dapagliflozin 5mg, rosuvastatin 10mg,losartin 25mg (BP), omeprazole (ant acid) have managed well over the years, Group looks good with plenty of advice and helpful tips, nice to meet to all :)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all I am new here but had T2 for app 35 yrs I am 67 in October and retired, :). I am taking Metformin 850mg. Sitogliptin 100mg, dapagliflozin 5mg, rosuvastatin 10mg,losartin 25mg (BP), omeprazole (ant acid) have managed well over the years, Group looks good with plenty of advice and helpful tips, nice to meet to all :)

Hi there Jack, don't be shy now, tell us your methods for managing well (if you don't mind) and your numbers! We are a nosy bunch in many ways but we always like newcomers to help us all figure out what works for various people and what doesn't etc. x

jack5469

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite
Hi there Jack, don't be shy now, tell us your methods for managing well (if you don't mind) and your numbers! We are a nosy bunch in many ways but we always like newcomers to help us all figure out what works for various people and what doesn't etc. x

Hi, Methods? well I sort of just got lucky I think, always seem to manage it well, I eat rubbish and good food take my tablets on time and test every day, I have had ups and downs like everyone, I just sort of act as I did before contracting Diabetes, However, Being sensible with treats is a must, Chocolate is out the window but everything else within reason my reads are usually between 4.5 and 8.5 and I get an occasional spike but today was a big spike over 15 but you just analyze what has been eaten and try to make sense of the spike, a Nice bunch on here! love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KK123

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, Methods? well I sort of just got lucky I think, always seem to manage it well, I eat rubbish and good food take my tablets on time and test every day, I have had ups and downs like everyone, I just sort of act as I did before contracting Diabetes, However, Being sensible with treats is a must, Chocolate is out the window but everything else within reason my reads are usually between 4.5 and 8.5 and I get an occasional spike but today was a big spike over 15 but you just analyze what has been eaten and try to make sense of the spike, a Nice bunch on here! love it!

Thanks for sharing, what was your last hb1ac? x