New HbA1c results - despite lockdown

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My HbA1c and other regular bloods have been delayed, as have so many others of course, by the pandemic and I gave up trying to organise my follow up via the NHS. Did an HbA1c via one of these private labs and will let GP know - very pleased it came back as 5.6.......even though I have been at home pretty much 24/7 for the past 6 months, have managed to keep diet and weight constant and still on the keto trail.
Wonder what my lipids are now but will wait till phlebotomy is fully up and running locally and I can venture out for that........getting a full vial of blood from my finger wasn't easy or pleasant!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey excellent news well done you and of course your improved metabolic health won't do you any harm either virus wise.

Reactions: CondorX

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My HbA1c and other regular bloods have been delayed, as have so many others of course, by the pandemic and I gave up trying to organise my follow up via the NHS. Did an HbA1c via one of these private labs and will let GP know - very pleased it came back as 5.6.......even though I have been at home pretty much 24/7 for the past 6 months, have managed to keep diet and weight constant and still on the keto trail.
Wonder what my lipids are now but will wait till phlebotomy is fully up and running locally and I can venture out for that........getting a full vial of blood from my finger wasn't easy or pleasant!

Well done CondorX - and a smidge lower than last time.

I have just had my own A1c done, along with some other tests my GP wanted for a current issue. Whilst mine was up a smidge from my last one, done overseas in February, I am very happy to run in what seems to be my personal running range.

I think lockdown in each of its forms has thrown us all unexpected challenges and opportunities. Again well done for both your bloods and keeping trim.

(You can do a lipids profile by post too, via most of the popular testing providers, if you wanted to. Curiously, I have always just passed on that one. :) )