New Here and Very Frightened

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi just read your post my bloods were 19. 03 2 weeks ago now down to 12 this morning 10.9 . before dinner 12.9 now through reading your post realised it is the food I ate for breakfast but thought I was doing right I had a poached egg and can anyone give me any ideas as for meals in the day. frustrated !!!!!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi just read your post my bloods were 19. 03 2 weeks ago now down to 12 this morning 10.9 . before dinner 12.9 now through reading your post realised it is the food I ate for breakfast but thought I was doing right I had a poached egg and can anyone give me any ideas as for meals in the day. frustrated !!!!!
Hi @amgrundy Well done on getting your BS down! The poached egg should have been OK - what did you have with it?

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi @amgrundy Well done on getting your BS down! The poached egg should have been OK - what did you have with it?
I had brown seeded bread I slice wonder if I should have had porridge. Now I know how to do bloods at meal times and then 2 hours after I can learn what is best to eat. Any ideas as my bloods are up and down , sure I will get it right hopefully soon as I get so frustrated which is not me I am generally quite easy going but this diagnosis has really shook me a little

Reactions: 4 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I had brown seeded bread I slice wonder if I should have had porridge. Now I know how to do bloods at meal times and then 2 hours after I can learn what is best to eat. Any ideas as my bloods are up and down , sure I will get it right hopefully soon as I get so frustrated which is not me I am generally quite easy going but this diagnosis has really shook me a little
The culprit wasn't the egg, but rather the bread. Porridge would likely be no better than bread. Bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, porridge all raise your bold glucose as they are carbs. Also, blood glucose tends to rise more after breakfast compared to the same meal eaten later in the day. A carb free breakfast is better for preventing an excessive blood glucose rise. Something like bacon and eggs.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi thanks for the info no body told me this. my diabetic nurse said just eat normally but in moderation. With trying to loose weight as well she said no fat no sugar not been told a lot got more off this site. Then someone said no meat just chicken and fish so confused at the moment.

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I agree with the gent above and keep carbs as low as possible for breakfast. There are lots of meal ideas on this thread

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hi thanks for the info no body told me this. my diabetic nurse said just eat normally but in moderation. With trying to loose weight as well she said no fat no sugar not been told a lot got more off this site. Then someone said no meat just chicken and fish so confused at the moment.
It is good that you are testing. Try the eggs without the bread and test again another day. Fat will not put your levels up.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I some times think you might as well ask your local plumber what to eat as T2 that a Diabetic nurse

Reactions: 4 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
It is good that you are testing. Try the eggs without the bread and test again another day. Fat will not put your levels up.
Thanks Avocado Sevenfold will try without bread in the morning being new to this is so confusing at times. Thanks for this site :)