1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New hip on Monday

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Patricia21, Oct 3, 2014.

1. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Pleased it all went well Patricia, here's to a speedy recovery.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Patricia21

Patricia21 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you Zand.
    I going to be brave and start testing BS in the morning,I know its been up and i dont want to be depressed.
    Been eating pruns and figs all week ,needs must,
    I must be important as I have had a letter from Mr Cameron this week,dont think he needs prunes,to be polite.I live in Rochester,
    Any suggestions on what to ask Mr Farrage if he knocks on my door?

3. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

bowels and opiates don't mix, you may need more than prunes. movicol or similar or the one off tube of suppositories.
    don't leave it too long, it only gets worse. they should have advised and dispensed this stuff already

• Like Like x 2
  4. Patricia21

To be fair Jack they sent me home with Sennacot and Lactalose,but spent a night with stomack cramps and no result,I will stick to prunes and figs as they work,

• Like Like x 4
  5. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru

OMG! :wideyed:

How much pain were you in?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Patricia21

Not a lot of pain Brunneria thanks.very stiff cant sit in a chair to long as by bottom is black and blue,early days yet,this time next week will be better,I hope.

7. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

as you know, as long as the exercises are done to stop scar tissue freezing it up as it heals, you are going to be fine. Your bad hip will become your good hip and the other will have pain you never noticed before :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Patricia21

Morning Jack.the old hip was an old injury when I was a child.the other hip had better behave itself HaHa

• Like Like x 5
  9. Patricia21

I am now nine days post opp new hip,glad to say that I am fine,now walking with a stick.and thank you all for your support and concern.
    I cant get my BS down,I have tested between 4 and 7 since July,Its now up to 7 to 12 ,Im on the LCHF way of eating,and take MetforminSR 1x500 per day.
    I have my fasting blood test end of the month,and was looking foward to showing them my LCHF was working.
    My last test in June was 58 ,and was told to eat lots of good carbs and fruit,which of course I havent.
    Im a bit thin.

10. connie104

connie104 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It took me about 4 weeks to get mine down after my new hip . Glad you are progressing well I have good days and not so good days if you know what I mean hardest part I find is sleeping on your back. I am two months in and I don't need crutches or stick anymore. Good luck with your recovery x

11. Patricia21

Thanks Connie.
    Like you sleeping on my back is very hard,havent had a good night as yet,no pain just cant get comfortable,up and down all night,trying to be quiet,its a pest,
    I havent been out yet but managing with a stick in the house,plan to go out Friday or I will go mad x

12. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi pat im pleased you are feeling better now. Take care if you go out on Friday as the ground may be damp with wet and slipperly leaves. PS i hope the prunes heip
    best wishes RRB X

13. Patricia21

Hello RRB thanks .
    The prunes do wonders,but not for the BS,cant have everything x

14. Patricia21

We have to move out of our house on Friday for six days,due to damp on our kitchen floor I thought it was bad timeing,but decided it will be a nice break,two miles from home by a lovely lake and all food provided tv and internet cant be bad and paid for by insurance.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook