New IBM Project launched to aid Diabetics

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
You'd think that Watson would figure out that LCHF would be beneficial for diabetics.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
On the first story, I'm not entirely clear why you need Watson to tell you that eating badly is bad for you, whatever condition you have??? o_O

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I hope IBM aren't going to try and get a patent on low carb diets, like they invented it. Interesting articles though.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
He Philip that is used to think fat = flavour I wonder what he thinks of it now it's not made clear.or am I missing something.

The Medtronic Turning Point Program helped teach Philip better habits surrounding his diet, about the impact of carbs that break down into sugar, and that when he eats can be as important as what he eats. Before the program, Philip’s mantra was, “fat is flavor.” Now Philip has a deeper awareness of ingredients for their health benefits

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
He Philip that is used to think fat = flavour I wonder what he thinks of it now it's not made clear.or am I missing something.
My guess is that he now thinks fat is to be avoided like the plague. No more needed to be said, since everyone knows that fat is unhealthy. Well, I don't know that, but most people do.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I hope IBM aren't going to try and get a patent on low carb diets, like they invented it. Interesting articles though.
Don't worry - they haven't come close to figuring out that LCHF might be good for managing diabetes.