New LC Huel.

MrPeaky

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if this would be of interest to anyone, but as I used to use Normal Huel, and now can't.

There new version is a life saver and makes lunch something of note rather than a tin of fish ha!

If you google 'huel black' it will be the top search find :)

Can't post links yet it seems.

Vanilla is nice.

Chocolate is a little synthetic but cold/blended with ice its not that bad.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Too high in carbs for me. I don't like the ingredients either.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At 17g of carbs per portion still more than I have most days and a quick glance at the ingredients list... ! Not for me thanks.

Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 13.08.55.png

MrPeaky

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm using under 50g Carbs a day at moment with most days below 30, guessing I'm eating too many doing that ?

Last weeks highs have been 122/6.8 one hour post and much lower at the 2 hours.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm using under 50g Carbs a day at moment with most days below 30, guessing I'm eating too many doing that ?

Last weeks highs have been 122/6.8 one hour post and much lower at the 2 hours.

Dunno.. you may be or may not be.. keep on taking the readings and see how you get on.

Your recent HbA1c showed a significant jump from pre-diabetic to "full blown". You may find that 50g per day is ok for you.
I personally want a larger margin for error so aim for between 10-20g per day and try to only eat food that looks like food.

That's mainly meat so fat and protein and as few carbs as possible and certainly as little as possible out of a packet.

Reactions: Lotties

MrPeaky

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like my food to be food as well, but life is life and I can not always get food prepped and sorted, and this is a way of getting essential Vits/mins ect into me, when I have no way to go prepare food ect.

I am interested in the take on the ingredients though, as I am not really that knowledgeable but can't see anything that stands out as really bad, so happy for any advice/info.

Yeah I did jump from 42/54 incredibly quick, but I guess that was down to going from under 150 of carbs from mostly veg/fruit/protein shakes . To 300ish as my veg fruit and whole pasta/rice on the mega advise of my doc ha! Eat as much veg as you want and have a potion of fruit a day and use whole wheat pasta and rice as its better for you =D

Realistically had I taken out my two shakes that had 40g carbs in a day, replaced them with what I now will use USN 2.1g per serving (if I ever get back to serous weight lifting) then who knows what way it would have swung.

We will see in a few weeks!!!

Good times!!! ha.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess that was down to going from under 150 of carbs from mostly veg/fruit/protein shakes . To 300ish as my veg fruit and whole pasta/rice on the mega advise of my doc ha! Eat as much veg as you want and have a potion of fruit a day and use whole wheat pasta and rice as its better for you =D
Ha that old rubbish chestnut.. yeah so many have been given that advise and achieved the same results as you that you'd imagine the idiot docs who recommend it might have twigged by now that it just doesn't work for most (any?)...

I found if I didn't have time to prep a meal I'd just skip it..a bit of intermittent fasting doesn't harm and often significantly helps.
So much so that I eat only twice a day and often only once.

Reactions: Lotties

MrPeaky

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah I am IF now, normally 18 hours 1800 through to 1200 next day, but issue comes If work dictates I am out when not planned to be. Im sure in time once I get a better routine sorted (only been 7 weeks since diagnosis) I will be able to eat food all the time and not have replacement shakes!

Yeah I am not impressed with the advice/lack of just wish I had found this place after my first Pre Result!!