New Libre user

Jon78

Hi, posting on behalf of my wife, a type 1 with 35 years experience of this challenging condition. Three months in to self funding Libre freestyle sensor with some odd teething problems. For instance sensor started with reader but next day reader says ended this has happend twice now. However using my phone ( hers will not work with sensor) it is reading OK. So I guess I will have to get the reader changed again! I am aware of not starting sensor by phone in fact we only resort to using it when reader resets. I know Abbott will replace them but it seems silly that you cannot reset the reader when there has only been a "glitch in the matrix" ( to borrow a phrase from the film). Abbott never explains problems/solutions but maybe forums members can? As new poster hopefully posting in right place!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, posting on behalf of my wife, a type 1 with 35 years experience of this challenging condition. Three months in to self funding Libre freestyle sensor with some odd teething problems. For instance sensor started with reader but next day reader says ended this has happend twice now. However using my phone ( hers will not work with sensor) it is reading OK. So I guess I will have to get the reader changed again! I am aware of not starting sensor by phone in fact we only resort to using it when reader resets. I know Abbott will replace them but it seems silly that you cannot reset the reader when there has only been a "glitch in the matrix" ( to borrow a phrase from the film). Abbott never explains problems/solutions but maybe forums members can? As new poster hopefully posting in right place!

Hollo,

Welcome to the forum.

Is your wife currently using Libre 1, or the next generation Libre 2?

Jon78

Is there a list of phones that work with the sensor? My one plus6 is fine but my wifes oneplus one bleeps but doesn't read it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin