Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stress and feeling exhausted.
Hi,
I saw my diabetes consultant yesterday and she mentioned a new basal insulin that lasts for around 3 days, beginning with the letter D. I wanted to read up on it as she wants me to try it.
Can anyone help?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It could be Degludec (Tresiba). I have been on this for a couple of years now and find it very flat. Apparently lasts up to 40 hours but you still take it once a day.

Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stress and feeling exhausted.
Thanks Robert. That does sound like it. :)

Reactions: 2 people

AgaRosa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It could be Degludec (Tresiba). I have been on this for a couple of years now and find it very flat. Apparently lasts up to 40 hours but you still take it once a day.
Hi Robert72, I'm thinking of changing to Tresiba, too and just wondered- what do you mean by flat? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @AgaRosa

By flat, I mean it's not at all peaky - I find it very stable. This was my overnight graph this morning :)

IMG_6765.jpg

isjoberg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Oh wow! That looks very interesting. It was offered to me as an option before I switched to Levemir/Detemir from Lantus - ended up not going for it simply due to not being able to get it in pharmacies near university. What were you using before?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on Lantus before, but found it could be erratic.

cahmn

Thinking of asking for Tresiba at my review next week - don't rate my chances, but did you ask for the normal strength or the double strength and if you asked for the normal (100 or 200), do you take the same number of units as you did on your previous basal?

Thanks,

Nick

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thinking of asking for Tresiba at my review next week - don't rate my chances, but did you ask for the normal strength or the double strength and if you asked for the normal (100 or 200), do you take the same number of units as you did on your previous basal?

Thanks,

Nick
I have U100 as I prefer cartridges for my Echo pen. The U200 only comes in FlexPens. I started on 75% of my Lantus dose and titrated from there.

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
I too would like to be on Tresiba but my dn has said NO! Too expensive. Am going to the hospital soon so hoping they will agree it is the best thing for me and change my prescription. I think they need to look at the long term savings but.......... So I would say go for it if it is offered to you. That flat line at night is my dream.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
my useless consultant won't let me have it despite my DSN suggesting it. I have complained to the quality care commision of my treatment. want a pump really (50yrs typ 1)