EloiseMum

Hi all started reading this forum last night some great advise and nice to know not alone, a couple of weeks ago we found out my 10yr old daughter has type 1 it came as a shock as i'm sure it does to all, we are slowly getting out heads round carb counting etc. Im so proud of my baby she is doing all her blood tests and injections herself and so far apart from a few expected upset why me moments she is dealing with it really well. We are still trying to keep her bloods under control work out the best ratio etc and she has had 4 hypos so far :( So just wanted to pop on and say hi :D

leggott

Welcome to the forum. Things will get easier over time and I'm sure you will find this site both informative and supportive. leggott

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Hi there, I think we all have a few 'why me' times. We were told to treat diabetes as the whole families new challenge rather than just being the sole problem of the individual. Your daughter might also like to know about some of the more famous people with diabetes. One of the Jonas brothers has diabetes and Rob Palmer from Asutralia's Better Homes TV show, The Renouf Family are an inspiration. I'm sure there is a long list somewhere.

EloiseMum

Thank you both for your replies, I was showing her while in hospital the famous people who had it as I think at first she thought she was the only person but sites like these have been a great help as ive been reading her other young peoples stories etc (as she is also dyslexic) and they have been a great help :)