New Oral Type 1 Drug

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/...ail&utm_term=0_168fcb2a95-7d4ab9c6a9-88942757

FYI Just picked thhis up from another site. Its a drug that encourages you to pee oout glucose just as your body does when it has a very high blood sugar.
Its in the class SGL1 T inbibitors that are supposed to help with weight loss and provide an additional way to manage blood sugars if you are finding insulin isn't sufficient. Double Diabetes.
Just wondered if there are any of us here who use this (...flozin would be the brand name) or have been offered metormin?

RuffsTheShake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
To me that sounds a little stressful for your kidneys, there's a reason so many diabetics have kidney issues later in life peeing out glucose is not actually good for you. I'm suspicious of that drugs long term side effects.

Tswa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was on the clinical trial for this drug. It was awesome. No UTIs, no blood pressure issues, no euglycaemic ketoacidosis, lost 6kg in 6 months, was on barely any insulin, HbA1c went from 75 to 47. Can't wait for it to be made available!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
There was a study presented at EASD on sotagliflozin (brand name Zynquista) use with T1D, which is an SGLT-1 and SGLT-2 inhibitor. The outcomes were pretty spectacular, and I'd expect to see further research and off label use of it as it significantly reduced post prandial highs.